You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for Windows?

Do you have any plans to make Affinity Photo available for Windows?

I am trying the Affinity Designer beta to replace Corel Draw and I so far like it very much! I am a hold-out in PS (5.5) because I refuse to go to the cloud (which I have on my business laptop with my company, and while it is good for features it is terrible for performance and requirement to be in the cloud).

Your video for Affinity Photo has really wet my appetite. If it can read and produce PS files, it is a winner. If it can use PS plugins, it is a SUPER WINNER!

HOORAY! How can I sign up for the beta as I did for Designer?

Also, the ability to use PS plugins (8BF) files would be absolutely huge and I would venture to say that you can win over millions of folks like myself who refuse to join the insensible Adobe cloud. Just so you know, I want to be able to use Alien Skin in particular, but Vertus (which is perhaps not needed as according to your video you seem to have something just as good), Nik Collection (now free from Google since they bought them out), dsbflux and Power Retouche I consider essential plugins unless you plan to offer some equivalent of these (and that will be a monumental task!).

• 5 months later...

Of the ones I use, Nik Collection is the only one that does work. I think having a list for PC like Mac is warranted, even if unofficial. Having said that, I see that Alien Skin (the one really important for me) and Vertus Fluid Mask are on the Mac so I would hope development would make a concerted effort to make these work on the PC. For Alien Skin, I also need Image Doctor.

Is there anything we can do to help influence/promote development to work towards getting Eye Candy functional working on the PC? Sorry to be a broken record about it, but there is no visible movement or progress being made. As I have mentioned, the folks at Alien Skin are likely to be very receptive and collaborative to help make this happen.

Update: Looking at the Mac unofficial list a little more closely, the majority don't work as of the lists last update, including Alien Skin and Vertus. If Affinity's goal is to allow us to get of the Adobe cloud model or our older releases, this needs some serious work and it starts with a commitment by Affinity to move in the right direction.