You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Josmeete,

Affinity isn't able to produce animated images in any form, sorry. If you wanted to make animations, I might suggest the best way would be to output to SVG and script the animation using JavaScript, or perhaps just output using the 'Spine JSON' output option (in Export Persona) to output your finished illustration to the 2D animation software 'Spine', and use this as it produces truly professional results, from what I have seen. DrawPlus used to allow creation of Keyframe and Stopframe animations - but we do not intend to go down this route again with Affinity.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 months later...

I'm looking around for a good solution to creating simple animations for an iOS app.  I read this post that lead me to Spine.  Spine looks promising, but I don't see the 'Spine JSON' output option in Export Persona.  I have Affinity Designer 1.4.3 on OS X.  Which version has the Spine JSON output option?

• Staff

Hi 8strong,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The option MattP is talking about is only available in Designer 1.5 Beta which you can download from here. Remember to keep the Mac App Store installed since it's needed to validate/run the Beta. Also note that files created or saved with the Beta are NOT compatible with older versions.