You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

Not sure quite how to describe this or what it's real title is

Just clicking my way around infinity as you do and entering text and manipulation sizes and shapes etc and suddenly the text was leaning. It was the sides and the top side of the box that moved while the bottom side stayed still. 

How did I do that please as I cannot redo it and I don't know what I clicked in the first place to make it happen. I thought it was a cool feature and would like to experiment some more. Tried the help section but without knowing what the feature is called I cannot find anything.

Cheers

Eddie

Hi Eddie, welcome to the Affinity forums.

It sounds like you sheared the shape. You can do this by moving the mouse to just outside the middle handles so that the cursor changes into a pair of arrows, and this may have happened by accident. You can also do it with a field at the bottom-right of the Transform Studio page. The latter is probably the easiest way to reset the shear back to zero.

Hi Eddie, welcome to the Affinity forums.

It sounds like you sheared the shape. You can do this by moving the mouse to just outside the middle handles so that the cursor changes into a pair of arrows, and this may have happened by accident. You can also do it with a field at the bottom-right of the Transform Studio page. The latter is probably the easiest way to reset the shear back to zero.

Many thanks now I know what to look for. I don't know if this feature is in any of the Page Plus programs but I think it is a good one

Edward