You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installed smoothly (and remarkably quickly) on a Windows 10 system.

I have some work-in-progress vector graphics (illustrations for a book) created using DrawPlus X8 as .dpp files. I thought I'd try opening one of them in Affinity Design for a road test. But I can't find a .dpp suffix in Open and I don't see an Import option.

Am I missing something?

Hebz

• Staff

Hi Hebz,

Yes, Affinity does a very good job of opening PDF and SVG files (another format to try exporting from DrawPlus) so I would hope you could get your documents across in an editable form :)

Let us know if there are specifics that aren't working well - we may be able to offer some tips :)

Thanks,

Matt

• 7 months later...

Hi - don't know if this post is still open, but I'm trying to import .svg from DrawPlus (an old version I know, but the most stable I found) and affinity isn't opening them - are there any checkboxes I need to check or is there another way of importing files without turning them into jpegs?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi sbonsell71,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

What happens when you open the file? It doesn't display anything, throws an error message...

Can you please upload the SVG you exported from DrawPlus using this link so we can take a look?

Don't forget to add you forum's username (@sbonsell7) to the file's name.

Thanks.

Hi MEB, the problem seems to have rectified itself. Initially just an outline box showed up with nothing to select. Then, after re-start, the whole thing showed up but as a flat image - nothing to be edited in layers. Then I double clicked on it and it opened in another window with full editing. One of the fonts hasn't translated but I expect that from windows to mac. It edits but doesn't save, so I copied and pasted it into a new file. All seems well. I have the original app image in affinity format which is all I wanted - hopefully now I'll never have to run a virtual machine to use Serif products on my mac again!

• Staff

Hi sbonsell71,

Glad you've got the image in Affinity format now :) For reference, it sounds like you had placed the SVG file into an existing document (which is why it appeared to be one, uneditable object until you double-clicked it). In future, just 'File'->'Open' the SVG file and you'll get what you were after :)

Thanks!

Matt