You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

I've attached a snip of the System window, and I have a 1TB hard drive

Your system should be perfect for running Affinity. We will sort through these issues over the coming week and hopefully will have a better experience soon.

• Staff

Can't run the program.

Doesn't even start. I uninstalled it and re-installed it again and again.

(Win 8.1/ 16GB RAM/ i7-4790K@4GHz) - it's not a matter of PC specs, for sure.

Please advise.

As a matter of interest, would you be able to tell us what graphics card your machine has? We're trying to find the cause of the issue, so any additional information would be very helpful, thanks :)

Guest Arun Sarkar

As a matter of interest, would you be able to tell us what graphics card your machine has? 

I try to install in my 2 desktop & one laptop.

2 desktops are with i3 processor & Graphics cards are NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT GT & 6600. Both Desktop fails to run affinity, but my 5 years old laptop with Core2 duo processor with standard intel graphics card can run Affinity Designer :)

• Staff

Hi Arun! :)

I would expect the 6600 card to have issues with Affinity Designer as it only supports Direct X9, but the 8600 card should work as far as I can see? It might be worth making sure you have the most recent drivers for this card from the manufacturer... Has the program successfully installed on both these systems, but it just can't run up?

Thanks,

Matt

Guest Arun Sarkar

Hello Matt :)

Yes installed successfully on 3 systems only my old laptop works with Affinity. Affinity does not run on Desktops only.

I was surprised to see that without a dedicated graphics card my old laptop can works with Affinity but desktop can't. :(

• Staff

Is there anything special about the laptop which isn't true for the desktops? For example, do they all have the same version of Windows, all up-to-date with updates, all have the same virus scanner? I'm just trying to find out what could be at fault... :)

Guest Arun Sarkar

Is there anything special about the laptop which isn't true for the desktops? For example, do they all have the same version of Windows, all up-to-date with updates, all have the same virus scanner? I'm just trying to find out what could be at fault... :)

Yes Yes!  :lol:

Laptop with Core2 Due processor, 2GB Ram, Intel Standard Graphics card | Win 8.1 64 Bit

Desktop : i3 Processor, 4GB Ram, NVEIDA 6600/8600 | Win 64

Can't install Affinity either: the installer initially started with installing the .NET prerequisite but the progress bar stopped at about 1/5th for ever.

Cancelling and waiting for quite a while I decided for a ctrl-alt-delete to kill the process.

Retrying the installation showed different behavior: instead of the progress bar being stuck for ever pretty soon a new message said that installation was cancelled.

Tried again, still the same.

Hoping to skip the .NET installation I manually downloaded the latest .NET Core installer and it had no problems with installing.

Tried installing Affinity again: still the same.

Redownloaded the Affinity installer and gave it a try: nothing changed.

Checked system requirements: Windows 7 64bit, Service Pack 1, Direct X 11 is all OK.

Last time I ran Windows update was half a year ago. Gave it a try anyway but Windows Update also take forever to search for installed components/ updated files: I stopped it searching.

I did notice I now have two versions of .NET installed: .NET Core 1.0.0 and .NET Framework 4 Client Profile as well as 11 versions of Visual C++ Redistributable (MS Silverlight is also installed).

Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz,  RAM: 2GB,  Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Roberto

• Staff

Can't install Affinity either: the installer initially started with installing the .NET prerequisite but the progress bar stopped at about 1/5th for ever.

Cancelling and waiting for quite a while I decided for a ctrl-alt-delete to kill the process.

Retrying the installation showed different behavior: instead of the progress bar being stuck for ever pretty soon a new message said that installation was cancelled.

Tried again, still the same.

Hoping to skip the .NET installation I manually downloaded the latest .NET Core installer and it had no problems with installing.

Tried installing Affinity again: still the same.

Redownloaded the Affinity installer and gave it a try: nothing changed.

Checked system requirements: Windows 7 64bit, Service Pack 1, Direct X 11 is all OK.

Last time I ran Windows update was half a year ago. Gave it a try anyway but Windows Update also take forever to search for installed components/ updated files: I stopped it searching.

I did notice I now have two versions of .NET installed: .NET Core 1.0.0 and .NET Framework 4 Client Profile as well as 11 versions of Visual C++ Redistributable (MS Silverlight is also installed).

Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz,  RAM: 2GB,  Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Roberto

Thanks for the information. We will try and reproduce the issues here and will post back in this forum when we have better news.

• 2 weeks later...

After sitting back for a while regarding my initial Affinity installer issue before, today I gave it a shot again: I re-downloaded Affinity Designer Windows and to my pleasant surprise I noticed the file sizes were slightly different. Looks like it has been updated! File properties confirmed I went from 1.5.0.4 to 1.5.0.5.

Anyway, when running the installer this time it actually finished installing! Hurray :D  

So today I ran Affinity for the very first time. First impression was: 'Thank goodness, it's actually still a lot like the other Serif software! Yes! :wub: '

...ok, I lied: the véry first impression was: 'Yack! dark UI :wacko: ' but I won't go into that now.

Just got a quick play with it:

• Preferences - UI: sliders often don't respond;

• Personas: dragging the green slider with white button slider (Android phone type) into project once succeeded but on successive attempts only the white button was placed on the page (without the green slider).

Serious bugs I ran into I will get to later, after I have run some good test runs. For now, I'm pleased with the fact that it's all Serif style  ;)

Roberto

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi BBKS

It may be that the file you've downloaded is incomplete - If you right click the download installer file and select Properties could you verify that it (for 1.5.0.36) is 253 MB (265,836,304 bytes) and that it has a valid Digital Signature? If it does not, or is too small then the download didn't complete properly - you will have to redownload it and ensure the details above match

Otherwise could you press WinKey+Pause/Break key to bring up the 'System' panel and take a screenshot of that and attach it to the post please?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.