You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I "Created New" with Artboard checked and Portrait unchecked, Type = Print, DPI = 400.

Thereafter when I go back to Document Setup, DPI is back to 300 and Portrait is now checked and locked.  If I just hit enter the artboard switches to portrait.

So once the new doc is created I can't change Document Setup.  Seems like the Document Setup window is ignoring previous settings?

Hi JimC

I've been trying this and I'm not able to get any of the settings to change, it seems to honour the setting i used when creating the document. Is there a particular order you selected the various setting in at all? If you have the ability to could you provide a short video to help us see what might be occurring here, don;t worry if not.

Some of the optins will be greyed out. This is because you have the document as an artboard. As you can have multiple artboards in one document it's not really feasible to be able to resize them all using the document setup dialog, so this is done using the artboard tool instead

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I'm getting very confused with the document setup and its relation to page preset, pixel numbers/dpi settings and how resamplingresizing of the image/layer is dealt with. It seems the dpi is fixed to a page size?

I want to resize a doc to a specific pixel count but keep the ultimate page size (A3 for print) the same,  so I can resize other files to the same pixel count, then paste them all into one document so they match up when in multiply mode. Can anyone tell me if there is a specific order to this process (it doesn't behave like Photoshop, not that I'm bothered by that but I need to learn how it works) It doesn't help when the doc setup automatically chooses portrait even if my doc is in landscape (is there an auto-recgnition for this?) and changing a page size resizes the pixel size?

Any help would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.