You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

on reads system wrong aka says I dont have win 7 sp1 ,and I do, and wont go past .net frame work install even though I have both already installed. You have my user name .Therefore I would appreciate admin if you would contact me via email. Version. Beta Windows.

• Staff

Hi amigatheone,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Do you have installed the Windows 7 Service Pack Platform Update from this link?

Can you also download and install the Microsoft Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Offline Installer) from here before attempting to install Affinity Designer again?

You can click the Follow this topic button on the right (of the thread's title) to receive e-mail notifications of replies to your threads.

1.  one if someone could read.Then the ? wouldn't be asked. Repeat, I have all of the above. It hangs again on it trying install it . So it matters not.It tried to install it.So if you didn't have it like a good little program it tries to install it. FAILS . Again I expect the admin to repond here. AS they have direct contact or so I hope with the programmers .

• Staff

Hi,

MEB is trying to help you - his suggestion is the most common cause of this problem, so I would recommend you ensure (once more) that what he suggests is the case on your system.

I am both a developer of this software, and a forum admin - and I am confident that you will get better support from MEB and the other support staff present on this forum than from me - listen to what he / they say and work with them - they know what they are doing..

Thanks,

Andy.

well it doesn't help when no one reads what  I said in the first place. You cant install. Period So that means since u arent in with  the programmers you have to take this to the programmers ,and they have to fix it. Really, , its like this.. ..telling someone oh what version of  windows do you have when the computer is fried.aka it wont install. when the computer wont even turn on.  affinity is trying Is trying to install _ cant see anything right so it cant install aka wont turn on- therefore might as well not ask what version of anything.. Other programs from serif and other programs across the board install .net fine when u don't have it, Plus they read my sp1 fine. .Again problem/ error on the program as I have said now Thrice. That point is no help to me .What would be of help is to fix the error.Not unlike the pageplus script to get it ruining to install for win 8. I know Affinty problem is far beyond that pageplus  startup install script.Which is more then likely fixed by now. Furthermore I am not a novice .

• Staff

amigatheone,

I'm not entirely certain what you mean, but..

Many people have installed the app without issue - a small number have not, and that is a problem which we are currently trying to diagnose and repair..

I would recommend that you let us diagnose this issue, then try again in a future Beta (maybe in 2/3 weeks?).

By then, any installer stability issues should be fixed and your experience should be more pleasurable :)

Thanks,

Andy.

thank u

i am meaning like I said . you cant install period .SO If you cant install then u cant beta test .I have programmed many of programs before one thing is for sure. You make sure the install always works. like whdload .You make sure it works 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.