You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 13.7.2017 at 4:36 AM, WREN said:

Hi everyone!

I wanted to give a peak at the new oil brushes I have been tinkering with. They're designed to give the subtle variations within a stroke that is characteristic of oil paint. When I figured out how to get the effect I wanted I got really excited and made a TON of brushes. I am having a lot of fun with them, and I think you're going to enjoy them immensely.  :D

Along with the Oil brushes, I am finishing up: Acrylic, Copic, and Ink brushes as well as a few updates to the drawing and watercolor sets. It's going to be close to 100 new brushes. They'll all be in a free update to those who purchased the Box Set.

awesome, especially since I just got my box set. btw, what's the "License Key" mentioned in the order details for?

but these are really intresting.

1 minute ago, My1 said:

awesome, especially since I just got my box set. btw, what's the "License Key" mentioned in the order details for?

but these are really intresting.

Thanks for your support by buying the set! You're about to get so many new brushes in a free update in the new few weeks, it's going to blow your mind! :D

The License key is assigned to owners of the box set ( and any other product). it helps me (and gumroad) keep track of who purchased what and when. The key is really just a way to authenticate the download from Gumroad and proof you own it.

3 hours ago, WREN said:

Thanks for your support by buying the set! You're about to get so many new brushes in a free update in the new few weeks, it's going to blow your mind! :D

Looking forward to having my mind blown (again!), Jef. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 3:34 PM, WREN said:

The License key is assigned to owners of the box set ( and any other product). it helps me (and gumroad) keep track of who purchased what and when. The key is really just a way to authenticate the download from Gumroad and proof you own it.

Hi Wren,

how are the new brushes coming along?  Any sneak peeks?

2 hours ago, AffinityAppMan said:

Hi Wren,

how are the new brushes coming along?  Any sneak peeks?

Hey! They're pretty much done, just triple/quadruple checking everything. I had to make a new version of every brush for iPad (so they felt/responded nicely), and it takes a while to make adjustments because you can't make changes/export the brushes in the app.

So when all the dust settles there's going to be around 400+ New Brushes including the iOS versions. Still completely free to Box Set owners.

Here is an extremely SMALL sample of SOME of the new brushes. my goal is to release this weekend! Cheers!

pGxWIiXKip.jpg

Drips.gif.56f6a22963093799ae303dcdf69cb70c.gif

50 minutes ago, WREN said:

Hey! They're pretty much done, just triple/quadruple checking everything. I had to make a new version of every brush for iPad (so they felt/responded nicely), and it takes a while to make adjustments because you can't make changes/export the brushes in the app.

So when all the dust settles there's going to be around 400+ New Brushes including the iOS versions. Still completely free to Box Set owners.

Here is an extremely SMALL sample of SOME of the new brushes. my goal is to release this weekend! Cheers!

pGxWIiXKip.jpg

Drips.gif.56f6a22963093799ae303dcdf69cb70c.gif

Thanks for the preview.  Looking good.

5 hours ago, My1 said:

awesome, but lol, "favorite accident"

by the way what is Gouache?

Gouache is similar to watercolor because it can be re-wet and the paint can become infused with its paper support. It can also form a superficial layer like acrylic or oil paint. Also like watercolor, gouache dries to a matte finish. It is similar to acrylic or oil paints in that it is normally used in an opaque painting style.

Hey everyone!

All of the new brushes are now uploaded and ready! I am working on a longer post detailing the new brushes as well as a few changes, but I wanted to get them in your hands before then.

To access the brushes, just go to your gumroad library and download "The Box Set 2017."

The Drawing and Painting Sets were also updated as well as the Sample Set.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up. the .DS_Store file is created by MacOS. It has superficial data about how the files are presented in the OS. Nothing out of the ordinary or in error.

The file names are weird because they have unicode glyphs in them that are still not compressing correctly.

intresting to know.

but on PC arent all pens calibrated differently? is it even possible to make something proper for that?

(as I mouse user I dont care too much about the pen stuff but it's kinda intresting to know)

6 hours ago, WREN said:

To access the brushes, just go to your gumroad library and download "The Box Set 2017."

I (still) don't have a Gumroad library, Jef. Could you send me a link, please?

Alfred spacer.png

I can't find the link, too.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Just now, My1 said:

you dont? why that?

I don't have a Gumroad account, because I've never needed one! I don't sell anything there, and for any purchases I've made I've simply clicked a link on the web page, or in the confirmation email, and obtained my download that way.

Alfred spacer.png

oh I see. I made one, because I probably didnt notice you dont need an account for buying stuff (I mean for buying at amazon or whatever you also need an account so it feels normal.

but did you at least keep your order email alfred?

because if you dont even make an account you should at least take care of those.

I have pretty much every email from any kind of registration, purchase, software code whatever in my mailbox but well with 19GB of storage, why should I even delete stuff, unless it's spam?

4 minutes ago, My1 said:

oh I see. I made one, because I probably didnt notice you dont need an account for buying stuff (I mean for buying at amazon or whatever you also need an account so it feels normal.

but did you at least keep your order email alfred?

because if you dont even make an account you should at least take care of those.

I have pretty much every email from any kind of registration, purchase, software code whatever in my mailbox but well with 19GB of storage, why should I even delete stuff, unless it's spam?

I do keep my order emails, but that doesn't help if the update mechanism relies on an account that I don't have! ;)

Alfred spacer.png