You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks Wren just got mine.  i am new in graphic design and new too here with AD.

can you tell me what of your brush preset that fit with kind of line ARt like this? (tell me the name please) 

6f8c7c7d04c44acc9c7186ade9fa432f.png

PS : really wanna be good at INKING and LINEART, hehe

Hey,

Welcome to the world of graphic design (it's great) and these forums.

Thanks for picking up my brush set- Any of the Pen&Ink brushes will give you variable stroke weights you're looking for. Just make sure  you have the "brush defaults" selected for the controller.

To do this:

Select the brush tool. You'll see "Controller" at the top in the menu bar. by default its set to "none" so just open the drop down and select "Brush defaults" and you'll be good to go.

Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

It's been a while since I've posted (I've been busy paying rent :D). I'm still working on creating a set of raster markers that feel similar to graphic markers (a'la copic, tombow, etc) and have a few more ideas that Im knocking around for brushes.

With the next release I want to create a separate store page (outside of Gumroad), and I was thinking it would be cool to feature other artist's work using the brushes on the page. I'd give full credit to the artist on the thumbnail/image and the images would link to their portfolio (or whatever they wanted). Is this something people would be interested in contributing to?

I'm still working on creating a set of raster markers that feel similar to graphic markers (a'la copic, tombow, etc)

That sounds very exciting, Jef! Thanks for the update. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi WREN,

I have the previous version (Hand Lettering, Pen and ink, Sumi-E, Turbo Rad), so how can I update?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wren,

I had a free box set when I purchased Designer (windows), am I eligible for update? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Hey Julz,

I sent you a PM.

I currently don't have an update option for people who got the set for free with the windows promo. Right now, free updates are only eligible for people who have purchased the set as I have sales data and can manage the licenses for the set.

Thanks for reaching out! I hope this was helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

How bananas is it that affinity was onstage at the Apple keynote?! Of everything they announced that was the only presentation that made audibly say, "woah-" not only for their work, but the fact that they're getting that kind of stage.

I am working on a big update for the Box Set of brushes, and during WWDC they'll be 20% off.

Get it Here

Congrats to Ash and the team at Serif. Excellent job!

How bananas is it that affinity was onstage at the Apple keynote?!

Did somebody mention bananas? linedance.gif

Congrats to Ash and the team at Serif. Excellent job!

What he said! clap.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...

I may be a little late to the party but HOLY BUCKETS! These are awesome. So very very much fun. I actually like the vector brushes more than the (pixel) brushes. I did not think I'd ever say that. I've just been writing and drawing away being amazed at how cool these are. If you've already spent hundreds on brushes these are probably "meh". But if you've never spent a dime do yourself a favor and get these now. Oh my word does this transform what is possible in Affinity. If I had to describe these I'd say "fonty" I'm actually using one of these vector brushes as a replacement for a font that I couldn't get quite right. I just can't seem to find a default brush I like in the least. But these are great.

I created 3 major sets which are all included in the box set. I also have a Sample Set and Bamboo Set which are free to download! HERE

I kinda cant see the bamboo set neither free nor paid.

did you remove it or did gumroad kinda screw up with their ajax loading (wouldnt be the first time for me and that's one part where ajax gets annoying)

post-46348-0-67455700-1498641746_thumb.png

I may be a little late to the party but HOLY BUCKETS! These are awesome. So very very much fun. I actually like the vector brushes more than the (pixel) brushes. I did not think I'd ever say that. I've just been writing and drawing away being amazed at how cool these are. If you've already spent hundreds on brushes these are probably "meh". But if you've never spent a dime do yourself a favor and get these now. Oh my word does this transform what is possible in Affinity. If I had to describe these I'd say "fonty" I'm actually using one of these vector brushes as a replacement for a font that I couldn't get quite right. I just can't seem to find a default brush I like in the least. But these are great.

Hey thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying the brushes, and thank you very much for the compliments. :D

Your observation of the "font-y" aspect(s) within the vector brushes is pretty astute as I was constantly making letterforms out of them when I was crafting them.

I kinda cant see the bamboo set neither free nor paid.

did you remove it or did gumroad kinda screw up with their ajax loading (wouldnt be the first time for me and that's one part where ajax gets annoying)

I thought I had grouped them in the Sample Set, but when I checked they were absent, I just Re-uploaded them in the Sample set so if you download it you'll find the bamboo brushes in there. Cheers!

thanks for the info.

I have no 2 brush files with slightly glitched names:

Ô┤¢ Sample Set.afbrushes

ᜯ Sample Set.afbrushes

can you tell what they are for?

(might be helpful to use a zip tool that properly encodes unicode in filenames next time)

thanks for the info.

I have no 2 brush files with slightly glitched names:

Ô┤¢ Sample Set.afbrushes

ᜯ Sample Set.afbrushes

can you tell what they are for?

(might be helpful to use a zip tool that properly encodes unicode in filenames next time)

They're unicode characters, thanks for the heads up

EDIT: NOW you should find the bamboo brushes.

thanks.

by the way for importing at least in windows you can drag the files right into designer (AFTER you extracted the zip, drgging from the zip info AD wont work) and it will automatically import everything right away no matter what persona you are in.

pulling all 3 files at once throws a message

"imported 49 vector brushes

imported 4 pixel brushes"

(or similar to that, just quick translated it from german

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I wanted to give a peak at the new oil brushes I have been tinkering with. They're designed to give the subtle variations within a stroke that is characteristic of oil paint. When I figured out how to get the effect I wanted I got really excited and made a TON of brushes. I am having a lot of fun with them, and I think you're going to enjoy them immensely.  :D

Along with the Oil brushes, I am finishing up: Acrylic, Copic, and Ink brushes as well as a few updates to the drawing and watercolor sets. It's going to be close to 100 new brushes. They'll all be in a free update to those who purchased the Box Set.

The last thing is that, I have an iPad Pro on the way and once I have tested them out on there they'll be in your hands.

thanks for all your support! Cheers! 

kU5RgauNCU.gif

Thank you, Wren.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 2 weeks later...

At least! i have bought a Huion New1060Plus, Affinity Designer (when the discount popped ;) ), and your tool wasn't going to be an exception (just bought the box set). Thanks for your personal message answering and understanding on the topic i talked to you a couple of months ago. Time to have some fun and learn to use your brushes.

Best wishes, keep the good work on!

40 minutes ago, eXeQiEl said:

At least! i had bought a Huion New1060Plus, Affinity Designer (when the discount popped ;) ), and your tool wasn't going to be an exception (just bought the box set). Thanks for your personal message answering and understanding on the topic i talked to you a couple of months ago. Time to have some fun and learn to use your brushes.

Best wishes, keep the good work on!

Congrats on your Huion New1060Plus. Have fun!