You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta (1.5.0.2)

• Staff

I was trying to make edits to my artist resume, and was using the frame text tool. However, every time I used it Affinity Designer would crash. And I am using Anti-virus software. Could that be preventing me from sending error reports?

I can get this crash if I type out a few lines of text in a frame and then click away as the text is still drawing on the page. We'll get this logged for you. Thanks for the report! 

*Edit* - If you disable the spellchecker (Text > Spelling > Check spelling while typing), the crash should stop happening. This isn't an ideal workaround however the issue has been logged with development so we can get this fixed.

overall performance seems really on pair with the mac version as far as I can tell but without the trackpad pinch and zoom it´s hardly usable for me right now :unsure:

Hi, as I said at the start of this thread, the Bootcamp trackpad drivers (from Apple) are terrible, and don't generate the correct inputs in Windows.

I thought the "The force feedback trackpads" issue was not the cause on my MB because I have a normal trackpad without force touch. But maybe that was just a misunderstanding between mac and windows users.

Hi,

I've just download the Beta version for Windows and when I am trying to execute the file affinity-designer-public-beta.exe I get a message 

The file affinity-designer-public-beta.exe is not a valid win32 application.

I do run win7 Home Premium on 64bit (Greek)

Does any one know what is wrong ? Please ?

• Staff

Hi,

I've just download the Beta version for Windows and when I am trying to execute the file affinity-designer-public-beta.exe I get a message 

The file affinity-designer-public-beta.exe is not a valid win32 application.

I do run win7 Home Premium on 64bit (Greek)

Does any one know what is wrong ? Please ?

Hi Mourgolykos,

It sounds like the file may not have finished downloading. The file should be 249mb (262,000,912 bytes). If your download doesn't match this, can you try downloading it again please :)

Hello,

I downloaded beta version of Affinity Designer - Public Beta. But i have problem with open application. Application at start loading and after this screen:

stop lanuching and all processes dead. :(

I have windows 10 pro. I try on windows 7 and the same problem..

I agree - I have the same problem as Arek.

I use Windows 10 64 bit.

Default folder location: "C:\Program Files\Serif\Affinity Designer Public Beta

Affinity start only one time after system restart.

Affinity Beta loaded fine but am unable to run it. I'm getting an error message "The software requires a DirectX10 compatible graphics card to run" My Win. 7 HP Desktop shows DirextX11 is installed , is up to date and working. Not sure if this is a bug or some other cation is needed to be able to try the software?

Johna888

I thought the "The force feedback trackpads" issue was not the cause on my MB because I have a normal trackpad without force touch. But maybe that was just a misunderstanding between mac and windows users.

Ah, sorry, I've updated the post to be a little clearer. The force feedback trackpad suffers from an extra issue...

Affinity Beta loaded fine but am unable to run it. I'm getting an error message "The software requires a DirectX10 compatible graphics card to run" My Win. 7 HP Desktop shows DirextX11 is installed , is up to date and working. Not sure if this is a bug or some other cation is needed to be able to try the software?

Johna888

Hi, DirectX 11 is the software, but you need a compatible graphics card to use it (a card that is capable of DirectX10 commands). What graphics card do you have? 

I use Windows 10 64 bit.

Hi Bushi, what is your username on your PC? i.e. if you type %APPDATA% into the address bar of Windows Explorer, what address does it take you to?

Hi Bushi, what is your username on your PC? i.e. if you type %APPDATA% into the address bar of Windows Explorer, what address does it take you to?

My username is Łukasz.

With polish diacritic - so it might be problem.

I use Windows 10 64 bit.

I have the same problem... 

I used it for a couple of hours and I really love it so far! It's crashing now and then but hey, it's a beta. :) PSD Export works really good BUT I really want to BEG BEG BEG you to fix the text export for PSDs.  If I had editable text in Photoshop I can hand out PSDs to my customers who can use Avocode or Zeplin to measure and extract. So PLEASE fix the text issue, that's all I'm asking for :) 

Thanks so much! 

Thanks! 

Is there a workaround for this, or do you have any idea how I could share font sizes and colors? Also exporting border-radius would be nice.  At the moment that's all I see what doesn't work in PSD exports, even clipping masks work great.  It's really fun to have a WORKING grid snapping too :)

Hello!

Thank you for the release of affinity designer on windows  :) it's great!

Unfortunately I dosih try it (

Today I was on my e-mail came a letter with a link to download the beta version of affinity for designer windows download pretty quickly. But the setting is already more than 3 hours, the installation of approximately 40% and that's it. I am a second time to download the installation file, it is also quite fast download, but the installation still is (((

Tatyana.

Hello!

Thank you for the release of affinity designer on vindouvs :) it's great!

Unfortunately I dosih try it (

Today I was on my e-mail came a letter with a link to download the beta version of affinity for designer windose download pretty quickly. But the setting is already more than 3 hours, the installation of approximately 40% and that's it. I am a second time to download the installation file, it is also quite fast download, but the installation still is (((

Tatyana.

post-15790-0-40738900-1467296656_thumb.png

post-15790-0-57955100-1467296657_thumb.png

post-15790-0-49683800-1467297427_thumb.png

Had a successful installation, however there are a few things I've noticed:

• When I import a pdf or non-native designer file all the text comes in higlighted as spelling errors.
  • Preferences does not retain colour profiles and language
  • anti aliasing of text not smooth, on display 1366px x 768 px
  • can't save personal pdf presets

Overall I am happy with the progress and look forward to purchasing upon final release.

First feedback to menu structure:

- Some menus are too overloaded with commands. Especially the View menu. I would strongly recommend to put some people which do not know the tool into a meeting and do something like "Card Sorting" https://www.usability.gov/how-to-and-tools/methods/card-sorting.html. Maybe this has been done, but I feel a little bit lost in these menus. 

- The personas seem to be the root of your information architecture. It was surprising to find them in the File menu. I have seen them as "Workspaces" and would expect them in the View menu. But I also see, that the availability of the menus depends on the personas. Anyway, having File->New not as first item in the File menu feels strange to me.

Interesting to see that this is a WPF application, so I can Snoop around a little bit :-)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.