You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I am having this problem in Affinity Photo 1.5.2 (Mac, Sierra 10.12.5) project is at 300dpi all jpeg and tiff export at 72dpi. I have to work around by exporting as 300dpi .pdf and then open the .pdf in Apple Preview and export the jpeg/tiff at 300dpi from there.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

Hi hikerbikerwriter,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This was already fixed and seems to be working fine for me using Affinity Photo 1.7.3. Can you give us a few more details please? To what format are you exporting, what OS are you running? Do you have any sample afphoto file that when exported to that format fails to honour the document dpi?

• 1 year later...

I found this thread while trying to solve a problem I'm having.  I want to save my images in at least 200 dpi, but no matter what I do, saving to JPEG only allows me to save at 72 dpi.  I have looked for a way to change the settings but I'm not having any luck.  No matter what I do, when I check the properties on an edited file, it shows up at 72 dpi. 

If this is for printing and there is text involved I would suggest not saving to jpeg, save to PDF? We get clients who do this and it always baffles me. Export as a PDF and send that, no dpi to worry about when it comes to the text, it will always remain crisp and clean. So many times I see people mucking about with DPI and the text looks horrible.