You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I transform a selection? In Adobe Photoshop the action was performed by creating a marquee selection and then hitting "Command-T"

This would allow me to stretch an area thus removing an unwanted area. 

Thanks in advance!

Helping people and exercising my faith through business, investing, and law.

Not what I was looking for, that allowed me to change the size of the marquee. Rather I am looking to have the content that is currently selected to be stretched over a larger area. What you described looked like it would have worked but it only change the marquee size. If I would do the same thing in photoshop it would drag and stretch the pixels that are currently selected along for the ride as I adjust the control handles. 

Maybe to help illustrate what I am looking to do... say I had a jpeg image of a button with text with a gradient from top to bottom on the button as well as text. Say I wanted to erase the text but leave the vertical gradation intact.

Hope this make sense. I used the healing brush to accomplish a similar effect but any wrong movements cause the gradation to be messed up slightly.

Am I making sense?

Perfect, almost... That was exactly what I was looking for. 

1. Is there a setting I can modify slightly? When I transform the Marquee, it creates a transparent area on the opposite side I drag. I found that I can slide it back the others way, though not every design would allow for that. 

• 1 month later...

Perfect, almost... That was exactly what I was looking for. 

1. Is there a setting I can modify slightly? When I transform the Marquee, it creates a transparent area on the opposite side I drag. I found that I can slide it back the others way, though not every design would allow for that. 

Isn´t that transparent line created on the opposite side of the selection when stretched a bug? It forces me to drag from that side too to overlap the stretched selection with the background in order to get rid off that white line. I think this should be a one step operation.

• 2 years later...

This doesn't work as expected. In AD when you use the Move Tool on the Column/Row Marquee selection, the resulting "Pixel Stretch" is a transparent gradient of the selected Column/Row. 

Why doesn't it just work as expected to produce a 100% opaque "Pixel Stretch" of the selected column/row?

Shane Robinson
Painter | Photographer | Technologist
website • shop • pinterest • facebook • google+ • instagram • twitter
Voicemail: 808-572-7907
TEDxHonolulu 2015 Artist in Residence: http://rsr.me/tedxhnl

On 4/13/2019 at 11:22 AM, ShaneRobinson said:

This doesn't work as expected. In AD when you use the Move Tool on the Column/Row Marquee selection, the resulting "Pixel Stretch" is a transparent gradient of the selected Column/Row. 

Why doesn't it just work as expected to produce a 100% opaque "Pixel Stretch" of the selected column/row?

Was wondering about the exact same issue. Why does it work like this?

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, freelancer said:

I'm not sure if this helps but I noticed that the layer needs to be unlocked to work like Photoshop. ie use the Marquee tool to select your area, unlock the layer, change to the Move Tool and then drag across.  Seems to work for me.

Locking isn't the problem. It doesn't work as expected as explained above. It creates a transparent gradient. It should be a solid "pixel stretch." I've uploaded an image to show the transparent gradient that is created. 

dog.jpg

Shane Robinson
Painter | Photographer | Technologist
website • shop • pinterest • facebook • google+ • instagram • twitter
Voicemail: 808-572-7907
TEDxHonolulu 2015 Artist in Residence: http://rsr.me/tedxhnl

• Staff

Hi freelancer,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is a known issue that's already logged to be looked at. You aren't seeing the effect/behaviour because your selection is quite large. Create one with just four or five pixels width, stretch it horizontally quite a bit and check the border. You should see the semi-transparent area.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:22 PM, ShaneRobinson said:

If you have AP, and not just AD, then there is a workaround which is better than nothing: