You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it too late to get a refund?

I am fed up with Affinity. Both Designer and Photo. 

Reasons :

unexpected crashes.

no good seamless button.

lousy hard to see grid.

designed for web publishers not artists.

I find myself having to return to Gimp (which was free ) for many things which Affinity is incapable of doing. 

Today spent a lot of time trying the Affine technique for a seamless map still ended up with a thin white line during a resize in my 3d app.

Went to Gimp pressed Map>Seamless line gone, I wish Affinity was gone from my computers, but I wish my money was not gone.

I will go try to get a refund from Apple but they are so poor they can't refund any money.

Rant over! Goodby Affinity.

I need to work not fight with my graphics apps.

post-12456-0-59567900-1466691746_thumb.jpg

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

• Staff

Hi Uncle808us,

I am sorry to hear that you aren't finding the app suitable to your needs. If you would like to request a refund the best way to do it would be to contact the Mac App Store Support Team to see if they can help you, however I think they have a mandatory refund period so they may not be able to do much at this point. Thank you for being an active and contributing member of our community for the past year, your feedback has been greatly appreciated :)

If you need and help or have any questions don't hesitate to message me.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Well, Callum, I went through the mental and physical gyrations with iTunes, and they adamantly will not refund! !  Period!!

The have a NO Refund policy which was sent to me.  iTunes folks kept telling me to contact serif forum….huhhh?   Even said contact serif.   Just not possible to contact serif.   And forum says, as you say, contact iTunes.

Let’s face it, telling iTunes  and telling serif forum, goes nowhere.

I contacted the mac App Store support team as you suggest, and all I got was what I wrote above.

I don’t have the unexpected crashes, any more, as uncle808us has mentioned.   My issues are with color management, as you already know.

Again, I am completely color managed.  Professional display, digital capture, and Epson Pro 9900 printer.    

Prints coming from AP don’t look like what is on my display.

Kind Regards,

David4

uncle808us:  I have similar opinion of Gimp.   Now that 32 bit Gimp is available, I an not sure what good Affinity Photo is.

I use Raw Photo Processor 64 (RPP64) for RAW conversion not only for Affinity Photo, but also Gimp.

I will continue with Affinity Photo since refunds are non existent.  I have no idea where Affinity Photo is headed.

Cheers,

David