You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Document Size - like Size of Image in Clipboard after copy

Hello,

first - that very great Apps that you give to the crouwd! WOW!

But i have a wish:

New Document Size - like Size of Image in Clipboard after copy

means: i copy a region out a image in Affinity Photo > next step: i open a new document with automatically size of selection size of the copy one step before!

thanks for this!

best regards, alex

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @Silent_Scremaer,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This menu is only available in Affinity Designer and Photo, not Publisher which is the app you are probably using.
Note that if you have Affinity Photo or Designer installed and can access its personas in Publisher you can create new documents from clipboard data in these personas from the File menu...

Most of the time New from clipboard generates a raster document from a bitmap on the clipboard. Since it's not Publisher's aim to make raster documents generally, this option in not available directly in Publisher by design.

• 8 months later...

Hi ~ I'm a sort of an advanced newbie, here. Thank you for your great suite of Affinity software !!  My question of the hour is:  I have copied a tiff image out of InDesign and want to paste it into a new Aff. Photo document of ther same size as my clipboard's image. All works well using the Paste from Clipboard command EXCEPT the file's dimensions are not the same. That is, the image is 4-1/4in. wide in InDesign, but it comes in at 3-1/4in. wide in Aff.Photo. Proportionally it is about right...

Please advise...   Thanks!

2 hours ago, GaryJ said:

Please advise...  

DPI? 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

The image originated in PShop, imported into InDesign. It was then scaled down in InDes to 4-1/4in wide. It started out in PShop at 300dpi. I copied it then out of InDes and  into Aff. Photo via the New from Clipboard command, where it became a different size = 3-1/4in. wide. It was 300dpi when it originally left PShop and remained 300dpi when pasted into Aff.Photo...     Is this a no-no?

Thanks!