You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

AD is really great and love it. Still learning, but i just quitted my Adobe  subscription. :lol:

During my workflow i was used to edit images in photoshop, convert them in cmyk (fogra39) and then save as tiff with profile.

It seems that AD doesn't visualize the cmyk tiff... any idea?

Tnx a lot,

roby

PS: of course now i place image in rgb and let AD to make the conversion...

• Staff

Hi Rrkradio,

If you go to File > Document Setup > Colour you will see the options to Convert your current colour profile to another one. here you can change the image into CMYK by selecting it from the Colour Format dropdown and making sure convert is selected and not assign. Once you have done this and made any further edits you would like to make you can go to File > Export > Tiff and from the Preset dropdown select TIFF CMYK.

This should do what you are looking for :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

tnx for your fast reply. I did the correct settings in the colour management panel. But i am interested to import cmyk tiff. It seems that is not possible to import directly a cmyk tiff. If i try with the place command i obtain a black rectangle... instead if the same image is saved in rgb everything works like expected.

I understand that this is not a problem... i make any cmyk softproof inside PS and save my tiff as rbg letting AD do the conversion ..but just to know

PS: .. and sorry for my poor english

• Staff

Hi RRkradio,

Sorry :wacko: ! I got a little confused after reading "during my workflow i was used to edit images in photoshop, convert them in cmyk (fogra39) and then save as tiff with profile." I thought that was what you were trying to achieve  Please could you attach the Tiff file to this thread so that I may look into this further for you? Anything you send to me will be deleted once I have looked at it :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Tnx .. no problem at all .. the images  are part of a shooting session for a food catalogue that i am doing with AD ( therefore you can leave my image where you want  ;-) )

will do tonight... now i am with a linux laptop and haven't the "culprits" on the cloud

roby

Hi Callum,

i am not able to explain what happened. I just opened again the raw and saved the tiff with cmyk profile, 8 bit ...all the same settings (just changed the image size to have a small upload) i did yesterday. I tried to open in AD before sending and now it works!!!! (I checked the byte order of the tiff but it works in both ways, MACINTOSH & PC)

May be PS produced a malformed tiff yesterday.. sorry for the post.

Enjoy your evening,

roby