You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Migrating Licence between Mac and PC.

Hey Affinity folks.

I have a problem with (or question about) migrating my Affinity Designer Licence.

Recently I've purchased your product via AppStore on my iMac, later on my computer GPU failed. Apple screwed me over for almost 700 bucks for brand new GPU which is way too expensive for such an old graphic card. Solution was simple - Get rid of my mac.

Now I'm back on my PC Windows 10.. is there any.. any chance to get back my Affinity Designer Licence and switch it from mac to PC ? I can provide all needed information about my account and payment. I can't stand this shit that Adobe offers for 62 Euros per month.

Do I really have to buy new licence for 40 bucks ??

Best Regards 

Alex.

• Staff

Hi Misterga,

As your purchase was through the Mac App Store you would have to contact them and request your money back so that you could purchase a Windows licence when it is available. If you would like to try contacting them you can do so at the link below :)

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/mac/app-store/contact/

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I've called apple. They told me that I cannot get refound for affinity designer because it's too late. They can only accept refounds for 60 days off the date of purchase. So there is no way to deactivate my old affinity designer licence?? I paid 40 bucks for app which I cannot use ? Adobe always gives you a one time option for changing platform :(

Yes. Look at the price of Adobe products and you get an idea why. And yes: You paid for an application you can’t use any more. Is Apple to be blamed for that? Or Affinity?

I recently bought new tires for my car. Unfortunately my car is broken now. But the vendor refuses to refund the money for the new tires! Unbelievable!

"All sales and rentals of products are final."   Quoted from the iTunes store.   I was under the illusion that in the 90 day period, a refund was available.   Even if I would have done 60 days, I would not get a refund.

There is no way on this planet, that I know of, to communicate directly with serif.   "Staff".   How do we AP users communicate directly with Serif?

“All sales and rentals of products are final.”  is in the iTunes literature.

And "Staff", Leigh, I still am getting the email on the wrong email address.  Whatever you try, or do, is not working for the FORUM.   

Kind Regards,

David4

David,

The Mac App Store & the iTunes Store are two different things. There is some overlap of terms of use, licensing provisions, & refund policies, but they are not entirely the same.

To change your email address, go to "My Settings" from the drop down at the top of any forum page next to your name & choose the "Email & Passwords" item from the list on the right.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

email address is as it should be.  However forum still goes to old email address.   

David,

The Mac App Store & the iTunes Store are two different things. There is some overlap of terms of use, licensing provisions, & refund policies, but they are not entirely the same.

To change your email address, go to "My Settings" from the drop down at the top of any forum page next to your name & choose the "Email & Passwords" item from the list on the right.

post-26329-0-32590100-1466636791_thumb.png

Regarding mac app store and licensing of AP, this is the new message I have received today.   Go figure.

Nothing mysterious about that. Once the final beta is released as a retail version update, once you download the updated retail version the beta will no longer run (since it is the same as the retail one).

This behavior has been explained in many different posts in the forum, for instance here.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7