You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save as default format option

Hi,

I think someone brought this request before. Basically I need some way to set what format AP saves when I press Cmd S. For example it could be PSD or PDF. 

Now I am aware that AP can’t save some specific functions that are not present in other apps. What I am asking for is even the possibility to save basic pixel layers only. This is needed when working in conjunction with other 3D apps where a 3D artist goes between PS & the other software to texture paint. 

Right now I constantly have to Save As to preview then go to the other app and change the file again.

Thanks,

Vlad

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

If the image loaded into AP is either a jpg for tiff, then the Save command saves it back as that format and I, personally, would not want that to change. In fact I rely on it when I use AP as an external editor for my workflow tools. I send a tiff to AP for editing and, when I am finished, I only have to do a Cmd-S to save it back with the same name in the same format. Changing that would mean that all of my external edits from a tool like CaptureOne would not show up in the tool as the new file/format would not have been imported.

Currently you have the option of Export to save in whatever format you wish. Does that not work for you?

You didn’t get me. :(

personally, would not want that to change.

I was asking for some options to save by default to whatever format you need/want instead of the AP format. My issue is that I need PSD specifically(most of the time with 3D stuff). So I press save and the saved file is loaded automatically in some other app. Ideally it would work fine the other way around as well. Whenever I make changes and save them, AP detects the new file and makes changes in it’s layer system.

With export I have to manually got through several steps to get same effects.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi,

Save back to PSD when you hit File -> Save is coming in 1.5.. you will need to turn it on in Preferences (because we don't recommend it generally - PSD and AFPhoto each have different object models and they do not map one-to-one).

We haven't got the same option for PDF yet - is that something which could be useful?

Thanks,

Andy.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.