You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Looking through the Windows...

Of course... I am there...

I usually use more my Windows computer (the pro one) more than my OSX ones (personal iMac 27' and personal macbook pro retina)

I largely prefer affinity under OSX to Drawplus x8 under Windows. I have bought the two program when I left AI (version 10... a very old one !). So I hope to have a such Affinity tool under Windows soon...

Sorry Matt, no can do. I am running quite a peculiar setup (an iMac with a CPU upgrade, way more – and faster! – RAM than the machine officially supports *and* a Fusion Drive which, all combined, preclude me from even considering BootCamp, and I don't believe I'd be willing to put up with security issues either way).

For performance testing, I am pretty sure that you will have more than enough Windows users to validate your betas… I'll be just checking if the files created on the Mac side of things render properly and if there aren't any glaring bugs.

Just saw the post in CreativeBloq! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!! This holiday weekend (4th of July here in the states) is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

By the way, what did u do the vid with? Nice video!

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to put a post in here to make it really clear that you need to be using the Windows version booted into Windows natively, not running on top of any other OS. The Windows version makes heavy use of the kind of things that emulation (and even virtualization) is not going to implement well. We use Direct3D, Direct2D and a number of other Microsoft-specific technologies that are going to have to be mapped and it will degrade performance. You will receive a poor result - I'd expect it to run nothing like the actual native Windows version performance-wise, in all honesty...

Anyone with a Mac could just use BootCamp if they wanted to, so it's not all bad news, but I'd say that there's definitely no point running the Windows version and assessing its speed/smoothness (or even possibly its stability?) while running it in a virtual machine from a different OS...

Thanks again,

Matt

Matt,

That shouldn't be a problem for us because my workplace uses Windows machines to do our work. You can expect 6 or more employees to be testing this out on our end.

Productive with my iMac, so the Beta 1.5 comes in handy for the Windows machine to take a look. Only Apple and their forthcoming product(hardware) plans will show if the future is still Mac or a Windows machine - cause the Affinity software will be available for both :)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.