You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

We have recentley upgraded our Designers to Affinity.

Our main issue we are now having is creating brushes. We have created brushes by using the below method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZbmvjtdmU

But we are having issues with distortion and the brushes becoming lower resolution. Please see attached photo.

Thanks!

Matt.

IT Support
Agent Provocateur

post-29931-0-31779000-1466437082_thumb.png

When I make a brush I make sure the doc that the brush sample will be made from is a very high dpi like 600. That way I can be sure that I will never have that issue with the quality of the brush. If you are making and using the brushes in the same doc, then the quality of the brush created is dependent on the resolution of the doc you started off with. This has been my findings with this. There may another way but this works for me.

Ah I see - my mistake I thought they were created as a vector - the lower DPI would make a lot of sense in that case. I shall try creating the brushes in as high a DPI as possible and get back to you.

Thankyou both!

• 1 month later...

Evtonic3 said it all...

AD doesn't have vector pattern brushes, so you need hi-resolution bitmaps to solve this problem.

The distortion unfortunately is not avoidable at all...

Do you think affinity designer will get pattern brushes eventually?