You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's coming in Affinity Photo 1.5

We've seen that Contraints & Symbols are coming to AD and there's the HDR posting about AP, but either the video is defective or I cannot figure out what the presenter is doing to get the HDR in this posting.

What else... is coming to Affinity Photo in version 1.5? Any tidbits or words to entice the eager and loyal following?

Looking forward to some new toys/tools to play/work with!

Amazing Matt! I noticed the app jumped in size by quite a bit... I wonder what else you're hiding under the UI hood... ;)

Update: Sorry wrong thread thought I was in the Designer 1.5 thread :/

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Hi,

AP 1.5 beta is coming - in a couple of weeks or so.. here are a few of the things we can look forward to:

- HDR merging.

- HDR toning.

- Full 32bit unbounded linear editing, including (correct) OpenEXR, Radiance support.

- Focus merging.

- Live Projections (edit in perspective projection, equirectangular projection).

- Macro recording and playback gallery.

- Batch processing.

- Layer linking.

- Magnetic selection tool.

- Polygonal selection tool.

- Ability to round-trip PSD (for use with DAM applications).

- Lots of small improvements.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

Hey Andy, sounds impressive!

I would be really interested in two details about the macro persona:

Say I`m recording some workflow and select the top layer out of 3 layers in the layers panel, does AP take it as the  "third layer counting  from the bottom" or "first layer counting from the top" ? Will one be able to manipulate this behavior? 

Will you be able to create stopping points at which you can tell the macro to wait for a user interaction, e.g. setting of a slider and then proceed?

- Full 32bit unbounded linear editing, including (correct) OpenEXR, Radiance support.

- Focus merging.

- Live Projections (edit in perspective projection, equirectangular projection).

- Batch processing.

All of this!  Really looking forward to this update as it'll make things more efficient for me.

Is this the ability to transform an object using the perspective or mesh warp took and have it NOT turn into a pixel layer?

Because THAT is the one thing I'm waiting for that would enable me to dump both Inkscape and XQuartz entirely. Currently I resort to blowing up objects to gigantic sizes, performing transforms and then opening each layer in Inkscape and tracing back into a path, saving out to SVG and dropping back to AP. This would save so much time (if that's what it is).

• Staff

Hi thisleenoble,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If i understood you correctly no, what you are looking for is a vector based mesh warp / perspective distortion tool(s) which change the object's geometry directly. This should become available in Designer in a future update.

In Affinity Photo all filters (Live Perspective in this case) applied to vector objects generate a raster based transform/distortion (and are rasterised on export).

Live projections are a different feature.

Hi,

AP 1.5 beta is coming - in a couple of weeks or so.. here are a few of the things we can look forward to:

- HDR merging.

- HDR toning.

- Focus merging.

- Batch processing.

- Layer linking.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

This all sounds fantastic - how about adding a librarian as well, then I could leave Photos behind?

Any updates happening related to what Lightroom CC has with the Transform tool, straightening a photo using guidelines? I am finding this feature VERY useful.

SO excited about Macro recording.

Hi,

- HDR merging.

- HDR toning.

- Focus merging.

- Batch processing.

- Layer linking.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

wwwooohhhooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds awesome, oh we'll have soooo many new toys, oh boy :-)

Please don't mistake my opinion for expert comment :) for no way no how am I an expert on anything. However I am curious and willing to learn. 

Affinity Photo (latest I promise)

Affinity Photo Beta (I have a lot of time on my hands)

Affinity Designer (Also the latest; promise)

Affinity Designer Beta (Because I like new things)

I need to get out more - Yes :)

• Staff

Hmm. I see AD Mac 1.5 and AD Win 1.5. Nothing on Affinity Photo. I know you said 2 weeks, but I'm seeing a trend that suggests that AP is of lower priority than all incarnations of AD. Say it ain't so.

Affinity Photo for Windows will only come a few months later. We never planned to release it at the same time as Designer on Windows.

Affinity Photo 1.5 Beta for Mac will be out in a few weeks with a considerable number of new features.

Affinity Photo for Windows will only come a few months later. We never planned to release it at the same time as Designer on Windows.

Affinity Photo 1.5 Beta for Mac will be out in a few weeks with a considerable number of new features.

Wacom tablets will work right on that version (AP Mac) finally?

• Staff

What is the problem with the Wacom tablet? Mine works great - I have an Intuos 4, 5 and Cintiq 13 HD.

Affinity Photo is definitely not a lower priority at all - the order of release is simply dictated by the order in which features are being finished - if some of the new Photo features are still in development while Designer features are nearer to being ready, then why should we keep holding back Designer from entering beta? Once Designer is in beta it gives us more chance to fix things - and it also means we can bring the Windows beta out (because the Windows version was built from 1.5 code and therefore requires 1.5 Designer to actually exist)...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.