You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's coming in Affinity Photo 1.5

What is the problem with the Wacom tablet? Mine works great - I have an Intuos 4, 5 and Cintiq 13 HD.

I'm using an Wacom Intuos Pro on MacBook Pro and iMac with El Capitan. The problem is:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/14269-wacom-intuos-problem-after-installation-of-el-capitan/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/17845-wacom-update-issues/

I also have asked AP users near me about that problem. All of them which using an Wacom know it.

on 11/02/2015 (over half year ago....) Chris_K wrote: "This is a known issue which has already been logged. Thanks for raising this though"

on 02/08/2016 Chris_K wrote again: "We have already logged a number of issues with pen and tablet not updating instantly, so this is something that we are aware of, do not fret!"

• Staff

Thanks for the links, ZeeArts :)  I'm away next week on holiday, but when I return I'll try to get to the bottom of whatever is causing the problem (I know it's basically because the Wacom driver spits out about 200 messages per second and we're processing all of them, the system can't cope and it leaves no time for the redraw to get processed) and I'll see if we can get a fix in very soon. Sorry you've had to wait so long for this - I just happen to have three of these tablets on my desk, so I'm in a good position to resolve the issue, but we've been frantically busy recently... :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

Are we there yet??  Is this weekend the end of the couple of days for Affinity Photo  beta  released?   I am really, really looking forward to this release and was hoping you and your team will fill my weekend with Affinity Photo goodies to play with.   No pressure but will be great and awesome.

Kind Regards,

Nana

Thanks for the links, ZeeArts :)  I'm away next week on holiday, but when I return I'll try to get to the bottom of whatever is causing the problem (I know it's basically because the Wacom driver spits out about 200 messages per second and we're processing all of them, the system can't cope and it leaves no time for the redraw to get processed) and I'll see if we can get a fix in very soon. Sorry you've had to wait so long for this - I just happen to have three of these tablets on my desk, so I'm in a good position to resolve the issue, but we've been frantically busy recently... :(

Just thought I’d ask if there is any good news for us Wacom users yet?

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Hi,

AP 1.5 beta is coming - in a couple of weeks or so.. here are a few of the things we can look forward to:

23 days, and (still) counting. Of course you might have meant Jovian weeks, I don't know. :rolleyes: I know you guys are working hard, but the anticipation is killing me. I also have to decide whether to cut the CC cord by 9/4. I was hoping 1.5 would be MAS by then. Now, I highly doubt that.

Lloyd

• 2 weeks later...

Desperately waiting for the new AP beta :) Namely for file format compatibility (my workflow contains both AD and AP).

Any news on the release date, please? :)

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

You're doing the time warp thing again. First, it was coming "2 weeks or so" from June 25th (5 weeks ago). Then, Ash said in "3 to 4 weeks" on the video that is now 2 weeks old. Now, you are saying 3 weeks from now (8 weeks from the initial promise) "if everything goes well". I'm beginning to believe that we will all see Christ before AP 1.5.

I'm reminded of a small company that produces what was once a popular the-one-to-have monitor calibration software. I bought it, with the promise that it would support hardware calibration on a monitor I owned at the time. Delivery of that version was always "two weeks" or "a month" away. This went on for over a year. It was always some other entity's fault that deadlines were never met. I bought another monitor that has its own software and moved on. Now, that company and its software is largely irrelevant in the marketplace. Just sayin...

If you guys are encountering new bugs or problems that have caused the delays, perhaps you should inform us. That at least would mitigate the irritation.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

• Staff

Hi,

No worries lhodaniel - we have been late on this release, and have been unclear (even to our own staff) with regards to beta dates..

That said, in my humble opinion, 1.5 is a massive release - worth waiting for ;) - and I look forward to delivering it to you all this week :)

Andy.

Hi,

No worries lhodaniel - we have been late on this release, and have been unclear (even to our own staff) with regards to beta dates..

That said, in my humble opinion, 1.5 is a massive release - worth waiting for ;) - and I look forward to delivering it to you all this week :)

Andy.

great I already couldnt wait for the end of the week... now this? :D I am very excited though!!

Hi,

AP 1.5 beta is coming - in a couple of weeks or so.. here are a few of the things we can look forward to:

- HDR merging.

- HDR toning.

- Full 32bit unbounded linear editing, including (correct) OpenEXR, Radiance support.

- Focus merging.

- Live Projections (edit in perspective projection, equirectangular projection).

- Macro recording and playback gallery.

- Batch processing.

- Layer linking.

- Magnetic selection tool.

- Polygonal selection tool.

- Ability to round-trip PSD (for use with DAM applications).

- Lots of small improvements.

Hope this helps,

Andy.

This is great stuff! Two questions. 

1. With the exr workflow, will you be supporting exr multichannel files? 

2. How do you get on the beta? 

Cheers. 

This is great stuff! Two questions. 

1. With the exr workflow, will you be supporting exr multichannel files? 

2. How do you get on the beta? 

Cheers. 

You have to purchase a MAS copy of Affinity Photo to be able to use the betas. You can DL the beta but it won't start up if you don't have the MAS installed.

You have to purchase a MAS copy of Affinity Photo to be able to use the betas. You can DL the beta but it won't start up if you don't have the MAS installed.

Thank you for the reply. Well, looks like we will have to make a purchase then. Is the newest beta out? 

Cool. What about my EXR question? Do you know anything about that?

• Staff

Do any of the staffers know if the new release ( beta 1.5) supports multichannel exr files? If you don't, this would be a great option to have in your app. 

We are working on this during the 1.5 beta, but is not yet fully functional as MEB suggests.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi JDaps,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As far as i know (from my tests) currently we don't support the extra channels besides the RGBA but i may be wrong on this.

I will try to check this out for you. 

Thanks for geting back to me MEB and Patrick. Appreciate the insight. Sorry for the late reply.  This would be a big thing to have a photo editor handle this natively like Nuke. It would keep the 2d workflow tight. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.