maikm

.afphoto file corrupted, all work gone

I edited a file, consisting of a background layer and one pixel layer with inpainting edits. I spent about an hour editing and experimenting, when suddenly no further edits would show any visible changes, in any layer, with any tool. I closed the recently saved document and tried to load the previous version, only to be greeted with a dialog saying:

Failed to open file

/foo/bar/baz.afphoto

The file appears to be corrupted.

File is 55 MB, can't upload here. What now?

I have hourly time machine backups, but of course this one hour of edits isn't in it yet.

Got the file back from some time machine magic, I can open a version, which has 62 MB. The state that I can't see any edits I make is still preserved, so my problem changed to that.

hi Maikm

Did you save the file locally to to an external device such as a network or external drive? Would you be able to pop the file up on something like dropbox and sent a link so we can take a look?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com