You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm just trying out Affinity because it looks very nice, but I do have some questions. I'm used to Photoshop so please excuse me trying to get same out of the programs :P ,, Love that you can combine RAW processing and power of retouching tools.

* I have some problems getting good quality out of your RAW processor with my 5D Mark III, Nikon D750 and Fuji's. Anyone got "secret Affinity ninja tips" to pull most out of the details and noisereduction and the tools in general? The tools I find on RAW converter feels like a hammer to a glass sometimes. I only have a couple day more on trial and want to see how it performs.

* When filling a layer with 50% gray and put it to overlay or soft light, it should not affect brightness/darken the photo, at least from my photoshop experiences. In Affinity the image become darker for every 50% layer in overlay/soft light mode, is there a way around this?

* Lets say I want to replace "Blue" channel with "Green" and set top layer to luminosity, how do I do this in Affinity? I found no way to replace one channel with another one, I might be blind tho. I try "Load to Pixel Blue" but I see no changes on composite layer.

* I really want curve to affect a selected composite channel in "Channels", lets say I want to adjust the blue channel, how do I do this without making a adjustment layer? In PS you could CMD+M (CTRL+M) on the layer or channel to bring up a curve that will affect only "Blue channel" without making a new layer.

Thanks for reading my stupid questions =)

Aleksander

Away from my computer for a while but with regard to the " secret ninja apps", in case you didn't know already you can install the now free Google Nik Collection under Filters in Affinity Photo too.

Thanks man!

That will probably take some pressure of the kinda lightweight (little ?) RAW converter within the app. I will try now!

Cheers

Away from my computer for a while but with regard to the " secret ninja apps", in case you didn't know already you can install the now free Google Nik Collection under Filters in Affinity Photo too.

For a trial user like me its not possible to do this :(

For a trial user like me its not possible to do this :(

Hmm, time to cough up then ...

If you do decide to go ahead and go with Affinity, as many of us have, Chris P Williams runs you through the installation perfectly here: