Sign in to follow this  
CPP

Option not to amend EXIF file creation date when exporting

I store my photos in a DAM (Media Pro) where they are sorted in file creation date sequence. If I amend any of them using Affinity Photo the file creation date gets changed. I then use a utility app called "A Better Finder Attributes"  to change the date back to the date of when the photo was first taken.

An alternative would be for me to store my photos in file name sequence but since I import photos from different cameras this would end up as a mess.

It would be useful if a switch could be selected when saving or exporting a photo for Affinity Photo allowing the option for the file creation date to be left unchanged.

That is a good point. Is it logical that the file creation date should change? Not in my view as no matter how many times it is edited the physical creation date must remain the same surely!