You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Current betas not recognizing new MAS update

I'm sure this has been addressed before but I can't find it using search.  Neither of the current betas---1.4.2.(5) will recognize the new MAS updates---1.4.2.  Downloaded the updates yesterday.  Tried to open both Photo beta and Designer beta today and they both tell me "Retail Version Required."

• Staff

Hi LilleG, 

The betas will no longer work as they are the same as the current version on the MAS :) There should be a new beta in a few weeks!

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

A few weeks?  Oh goodie, then will I be able to download the assets that had been installed in the Beta but not in the MAS?  Yes, I prolly should have installed any new asset in both versions...and I will in the future...but it didn't occur to me that I needed to this time.  Oh well, live and learn.  Next time, I'll make certain that any beta assets are saved before updating the MAS.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has been addressed before but I can't find it using search.  Neither of the current betas---1.4.2.(5) will recognize the new MAS updates---1.4.2.  Downloaded the updates yesterday.  Tried to open both Photo beta and Designer beta today and they both tell me "Retail Version Required."

Now I cannot use the beta.   Also get 'retail version required' and download the retail version again.   Still cannot use beta.

Cheers

David4

The current 1.4.2 retail versions are functionally identical to the 1.4.2(5) betas, which is why the betas will no longer run. Just trash the betas & use the current retail versions you have downloaded instead.

This is the way it has always worked. Betas are only intended for use until superseded by an updated retail version available through MAS, & require an older retail version to be installed to run. So for example, if you still had the 1.4.1 retail versions installed, the fifth 1.4.2 beta versions  would still run, but as soon as you update to the 1.4.2 retail versions, they won't.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7