Sign in to follow this  
petruspetrus

how to cut a square selection of an image and move it inside the image?

Hi,

How is it possible to cut a square selection of an image and move it inside the image?

I would like to cut a chunck of an image and translate it in another position, within the same image

I tried in many ways but without success. That operation is so easy in other apps but in affinity seems impossible.

For example If I  use the square selection and cut it, all the image is cut out. I cannot understand.

Thank you in advance!

Pietropaolo

Hi Pietropaolo,

Please could you right click your image in the Layers tab and click Rasterise then try using the Square selection tool to see if it works for the effect you want to achieve?

I hope this helps

C

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by moved inside the figure would it be possible for you to show me an example so that I can try and understand this better? :)

Thanks

C

sorry! Imagine a picture with some complex shapes in a white background. I would like to select a shape (for example with a square selection tool) and easily move the shape in another place inside the white background. I hope to be more clear.

Thank you so much

Hi petruspetrus,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Create a selection with one of the selection tools, then change to the Move tool and drag the selection to where you want it. Note that you must be working with a Pixel layer type (see the label after the layer's name in the Layers panel between parenthesis) and it cannot be locked.