You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DXF Export for Laser Cutters

• 4 weeks later...

I totally second this request. I use Affinity for textile designs and electronic cutting machines, and I need DXF files for these. I usw Inkskape for the DXF export but it's really buggy and it interrupts my workflow. The lacking DXF export is the only problem I have with Affinity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I do technical illustrations with adobe illustrator since years - roughly 600 illustrations a year..  It happens regularly that my customers provide me with data from their CAD systems (which is very helpful). Adobe illustrator can import dxf files.

Affinity designer enables a better workflow, the menu design is more logic and your program is fantastic ... so I would be glad to change from Adobe to AD. However, dxf import would be a necessary prerequisite.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I totally second this request. I use Affinity for textile designs and electronic cutting machines, and I need DXF files for these. I usw Inkskape for the DXF export but it's really buggy and it interrupts my workflow. The lacking DXF export is the only problem I have with Affinity.

Same here. I use DXF for both cutting and print/cut jobs. Support for older EPS would also be good as some machines prefer that. Illustrator, CorelDraw and Freehand (if anyone remember it) all supported it. 

• 1 year later...

I was about to buy Designer but thought I'd check if it exported DXF, I'm glad I looked as it's a must for me. I've looked at the programme and think it could work for me but needs DXF export.

I know lots of people are saying it but thought I'd chime in also :)

DXF out would be great. I am also using Inkscape as a bridge for that (usually Affinity -> SVG -> Inkscape) but that really means keeping inkscape around just as a file translator, workable but not really necessary?

As an aside, If you have CAD the internal PDF plotting results in a vector based PDF which Designer and Photo both open as vectors which is quite useful.

• 1 year later...

+1,000

We're evaluating this as an Adobe replacement, and I'm unable to recommend we purchase 50-100 licenses if this (IMO basic) functionality is not present, or isn't planned for the very near term.

It's a shame - this is the first "gotcha" I've found that may rule out this option for us.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...