You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

KateM

I tried it today, but Designer seems to have become more laggy with more complex pixel brushes. I used the Pigmento brushes by DAUB in 1.4 and they worked fine there, now I get a delay especially when drawing faster. It does not seem to be a problem with the other brushes, like DAUBs free brushes, or the ones included in Photo. Any idea why??

• Staff

@Corsicaman - We are looking at having the 1.5 beta for Affinity Designer available  in the next couple of weeks or so, it has got loads of fab new features!

@uncle808us - If you haven't already, it might be an idea to make a new thread with any suggestions and improvements you think would be good for grids for the devs to take a look at.

@postmadesign - Hmmm, I don't know why you are experiencing that sorry. Can I suggest you make a new thread about these issues? The devs or Paolo from DAUB may be able to shed some light on it...

@Optikz @Kevin Day, it may take a little while for the updates to filter through all the MAS, so worth checking back later. It may also be worth restarting your machine and then checking for updates on the MAS.

I tried it today, but Designer seems to have become more laggy with more complex pixel brushes. I used the Pigmento brushes by DAUB in 1.4 and they worked fine there, now I get a delay especially when drawing faster. It does not seem to be a problem with the other brushes, like DAUBs free brushes, or the ones included in Photo. Any idea why??

I'm experiencing the same lag in Photo.  It only seems to lag when making a fast extended stroke.  I didn't notice that in the beta.  Haven't tried Designer yet to see if it also occurs there.

Sorry, it appears I'm to join the chorus of "no updates visible here" - this is in the Swiss App Store.  The machine was rebooted yesterday.

Update 15/06/16 @ 20:24: the updates have appeared  :)

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Still can't get 1.4.2 in the UK Mac App Store despite trying logging out and re-booting. It merely takes me to a screen with a button that says open and if I select it opens my existing 1.4.1 version.

• Staff

Hi CPP,

Maybe there's some issues with the App Store cache.

Can you please try this:

1. Make sure the App store app is closed.

2. Open the Terminal app. Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
open $TMPDIR/../C

This will open a Finder window. 

3. Drag the com.apple.appstore folder that's inside there to the Trash.
This folder is just a cache. It will be recreated as soon as you run the Mac Store app again.

4. Run the Mac Store app and check if the update button becomes available.

If this doesn't work either try to uninstall the Affinity application (dragging it from the Applications folder to the Trash) and reinstall again from the App Store app.

Thank you MEB. I tried the Terminal command route without success and then I tried to delete the App store app but got the following message: “App Store.app” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by OS X.

I tried to delete the App store app but got the following message: “App Store.app” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by OS X.

MEB advised you to “delete” the old Affinity application, not the App Store app …