You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys,

I am currently attempting to export a rather large, complexly layered SVG file and am having trouble tracking down the content which gets rastered during export. I have actually noticed that sometimes certain grouped elements can create this effect, and by ungrouping then regrouping them can solve the problem, which i guess this may be a bug? My destination for the content must contain zero raster elements.

My question is is it possible to identify specific elements which need to be rastered in order to export to SVG successfully so that i can remedy these instead of toggling visibility on everything by process of elimination until i find it?

Edit: I have isolated the suggested bug as mentioned above, and have attached a file demonstrating this. Export to SVG indicated elements will be rastered, but if ungrouped then regrouped no rastering occurs and can be exported as normal.

group.afdesign

• Staff

Hi LilihaCelpaa,

The issue with your file is due to the blend mode of the 2 groups being set to Passthrough, exporting to SVG will cause any layer without Normal as the blend mode to be rasterised.

During export you should see a More button (see attached) this should make an extra set of options appear one of these options is Rasterise could you make sure this is set to nothing then try exporting your document?

Hope this helps :)

Thanks

Callum

post-12469-0-95285400-1465545505_thumb.png

post-12469-0-79874500-1465545511_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.