You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.5 sneak peek: Constraints and Symbols

MEB

How about system requirements? Will OS X 10.8.5 still be supported?

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff

Hi loukash,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you referring to Publisher? There's nothing official about system requirements at this point but I believe it will support the same systems/OS as Designer/Photo since the core of the apps is the same. This should be all made clear closer to the Beta's release.

Are you referring to Publisher?

No, I was asking about the upcoming versions 1.5 of Photo and Designer as discussed in this thread.

(My personal reason: On the one hand more and more updated apps out there are dropping support for 10.8.5 in general which is a bit unfortunate, because on the other hand more and more audio hardware manufacturers are dropping driver support for current versions of OS X, making me stuck with 10.8.5 and a bunch of at their time quite expensive but still perfectly working audio interfaces…)

~~~ 

But… à propos Publisher: any news on the release date…? :)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

OS X 10.8.5 will continue to be supported.

Good news, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ash has definitely got the Jony Ive furrowed brow look down. ;)

The constraints system looks really nice, especially combining that with unified symbol edits. Looks much more pleasant to use than Interface Builder!

One feature I'm desperately missing from Illustrator is a scissors/knife tool. Really hope this makes it into 1.5.

Hi Hombre,

Pages will be implemented in a future version. It will be probably introduced with Affinity Publisher (for desktop publishing) available later this year as a public Beta if everything goes well.

A desktop publisher  :D  this I can't wait to see!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi sefosdad,

Can you please attach the crash report or upload it to somewhere and share a link here?

I'm not sure you can already attach files/images as a new user (this restriction is lifted after a few posts) but in case you can here's how to do it.

Can you also try to press ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application from the Launchpad, then check all boxes and press Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app?

Does it still crash after the reset?

Thanks.

Hi sefosdad,

Can you please attach the crash report or upload it to somewhere and share a link here?

I'm not sure you can already attach files/images as a new user (this restriction is lifted after a few posts) but in case you can here's how to do it.

Can you also try to press ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application from the Launchpad, then check all boxes and press Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app?

Does it still crash after the reset?

Thanks.

I launch from the dock! I tried to launch the prograam while holding control and checked all the boxes, pressed cleaar, and got the same internal error message. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:D  :D Just got the 1.5 release, but I'm not sure how to use all the new features. Will there be a video release example how to use these features in depth? 

Video tutorials for Affinity Designer are here

Tutorials that cover new/changed features in 1.5 have a (1.5) after the tutorial name/link.