You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I had created several styles and then decided to clean up my styles by recategorizing them into new categories. I ended up having to create new objects, apply my existing styles to them, create new styles in the new categories that I had created, and then delete the old styles from the default categories.

I tried to find out where Affinity Designer stores the styles on my disk but was unsuccessful. I was hoping I could solve the problem at the Finder. So where are the styles stored and can they be edited? If not, I will add a feature request to be able to move styles between categories. Thanks...

Fred

Fred

• Staff

All the Styles are stored in a file called objectstyles.propcol which can be found here: /Users/{your username}/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/user/.

It's not possible to edit this file, sorry. I would add a Feature Request as i'm sure other users would find it useful to better manage their styles.

• 5 months later...

All the Styles are stored in a file called objectstyles.propcol which can be found here: /Users/{your username}/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/user/.

It's not possible to edit this file, sorry. I would add a Feature Request as i'm sure other users would find it useful to better manage their styles.

Thank you so much for posting this!  I've been looking for where things are stored, and what they are called.  Although I use Win 10, I was able to locate this file by searching my drive.

I want to be able to back up my created styles, and this will do the trick I think?  I'm going to experiment a bit, but I expect that even new categories will be stored in the objectstyles.propcol file?

Thanks again!

calcat,

You may find this other post by the always helpful Leigh of interest. It shows what the resets affect & where just about all the support files are stored. It is written for Macs but the file names are probably the same for Windows, if not the file paths.

I think you are probably right about backing up that (& the other .propcol files for what they store) & new categories being added to the respective .propcol files. I only have Macs to test with but that seems to be the way it works for them.

I am sure other Windows users would like to know what you discover with your experiments.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7