You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Black Background means I can't see photos

Hi, new to the program as I was running it on a 10 day trial and had no problems. Today though I cannot see any photos I open from downloads or desktop in Affinity as the background is black and the image is invisible.

Never happened on the trial - can anyone help please?

• Staff

Hi Get Pro Copy,

Welcome to the Forums!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues opening your photos in the app, please could you try right clicking one of your images and  go to Open With > Affinity Photo to see if that gets the image to open? 

Hope this helps

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi Get Pro Copy,

Can you try the following please: press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application from Launchpad then select Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app. Does it works as expected now? If not, go to menu Affinity Photo ▸ Preferences, Performance section and uncheck Use hardware OpenGL. If this is already unchecked then check it. Did it solve the issue?