You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.0.19755)

• Staff

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Improvements / Features / Fixes

- Fixed slow vector brush bug introduced in previous beta.

- Fixed paste as vector misalignment.

- Added "Paste Text Without Formatting".

- Fixed a couple of typos.

- Replace image / embedded document correctly sets the layer name.

Unfortunately, if you change the brush size, it does not draw first, and then again begins to slow down.

This also applies to pressing stylus and without this option.

See video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22730587/Video/Affinity%20Designer%20Beta%201.0.19755.mp4

P.S. sorry for my bad English.

OS X 10.9.5 - iMac 12.2 (Mid-2011) : 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB, Fusion Drive 1.25Tb (SSD Samsung 840 Series - 250Gb + HDD 7200 rpm - 1Tb)

Andy, yes this is a beta version 1.0.19755 

In fact, if I dismiss the size slider, the problem with slow brush disappears.
but if I choose a size with a stylus, the size slider disappears after the click. 
mouse no such problems.

OS X 10.9.5 - iMac 12.2 (Mid-2011) : 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB, Fusion Drive 1.25Tb (SSD Samsung 840 Series - 250Gb + HDD 7200 rpm - 1Tb)

Just gave it a try - using vector brush with Wacom tablet is quite smooth for me, only when messing around with it for too long, without releasing the pen, it starts to lag a bit, but I guess that's nothing serious. :)

Also I would be happy if the document size would show up correctly on Retina displays :)

• Staff

Andy, yes this is a beta version 1.0.19755 

In fact, if I dismiss the size slider, the problem with slow brush disappears.

but if I choose a size with a stylus, the size slider disappears after the click. 
mouse no such problems.

Thanks for your help with this issue. We will get this sorted and your videos are very useful.

We are half way there, so just a few more tweaks.

So good to see the sweet, sweet, bug fixes so quickly after release...... !

Great job all round and I echo Raskolnikov's sentiments above. "KEEP ROCKING" as it finally feels like there is life away from the cloud.

Not long now I keep telling myself :)

One thing... the default color selected when starting up AD it's #EBEBEB (almost white)

Wouldn't be better a total black? (#000000) :) the canvas it's white so could be easier for starting to paint or design with a visible color in case of a quick sketch or idea.

And the stroke to 1pt. instead of 0,24pt. :)

What do you think? It looks silly but are for sure things that are timesavers.

I'm still having the export issue as mentioned in the bugs section...tried with the beta second release today. I can't export to EPS for the printing company I use. I also tested exporting to PNG to see the results and it still exports larger than the initial sizes I created the document. The problem seems to be related to this specific CYMK format. 

Check the video of my testing and results: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2289024/Issue%20with%20export.mov 

• Staff

We spotted this yesterday too, so it's fixed for the next beta :) The only way I can probably make the brushes seem generally more fluid is to do things the same as illustrator - a vague line showing where the points were and then when you release you get the real thing... I'm guessing that's not what you really want though?

We spotted this yesterday too, so it's fixed for the next beta :) The only way I can probably make the brushes seem generally more fluid is to do things the same as illustrator - a vague line showing where the points were and then when you release you get the real thing... I'm guessing that's not what you really want though?

If it helps to make things feel smoother I think it is worth trying (maybe with an option to toggle between the two modes "live brush preview/outline preview").

I've noted another strange behaviour regarding this same issue. If I change the brush to a textured one, and then back to a basic one, the vector brush tool is very fluid. If I then change tool, reselect the brush tool, it begins to slow down again. Here the capture https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1707710/brush-strange-behaviour.mov

Just tested quickly and ran into 2 issues (Mac store version of MACOS):

1-still no pressure sensitivity and brushes now nehave really strangely, stroke will appear first after pen liftet from tablet.

I mainly got the beta because I hoped that Wacom tablet support was fixed...

2-when selecting anything, the indicators disappear after releasing select keys (objects are still selected but no chance knowing if/which ones).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.