Jump to content
metaweb20

Color Correction with X-Rite Colorchecker Passport

Recommended Posts

You can use 3D LUT Creator to create a LUT or use DaVinci Resolve to create a LUT and use that.

 

DaVinci Resolve see: http://www.matchstixstudios.com/blog/2015/12/10/how-to-create-your-own-custom-luts-in-under-5-minutes 


Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AiDon, This was requested way back in June 2016 and now more than two years later we are still waiting even after the  answer to the original post was " You may want to add this to the Features Request section. " Affinity also teamed up with X-Rite some time ago to offer the Affinity Photo free with an X-Rite Colorchecker but still we wait and wait and wait. Same thing on the Plug-in side of things, that page has been the same for must be well over a year if not more http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/win/

Company are not interested or not listening to there customers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 3:08 AM, AiDon said:

You can use 3D LUT Creator to create a LUT or use DaVinci Resolve to create a LUT and use that.

 

DaVinci Resolve see: http://www.matchstixstudios.com/blog/2015/12/10/how-to-create-your-own-custom-luts-in-under-5-minutes 

Would this actually produce the same results though as using something like Dattacolor SpyderCHECKER? If so could you not just use affinity photo to create a LUT somehow? I am just trying to think of how that would work. I am thinking you would need to have a digital color reference file to match the photo of the color card you use matching them up using a curve adjustment in Affinity then export it as a LUT. Does that make sense? I don't even know that you get a digital reference file with the color cards though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sugar Lion said:

Would this actually produce the same results though as using something like Dattacolor SpyderCHECKER? If so could you not just use affinity photo to create a LUT somehow? I am just trying to think of how that would work. I am thinking you would need to have a digital color reference file to match the photo of the color card you use matching them up using a curve adjustment in Affinity then export it as a LUT. Does that make sense? I don't even know that you get a digital reference file with the color cards though. 

You do actually get a reference file from the X-Rite software but remember that the file is only pertinent for the particular lighting that it was taken in during the session. The Spyder Checker software now can be used to produce an ICC Profile as I mentioned in this thread:

 

 


Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks AiDon 

So frustraiting seeing that I have a SpyderCHECKR 24 sitting beside me on the table. Great to hear that they are working on it though! I might try and return this passport and order the x-Rite one. I have never used a ICC file. Would have to look into how that works. 

 

*Update* I am assuming that when you said "The Spyder Checker software now can be used to produce an ICC Profile as I mentioned in this thread:"

you where actually refering to the x-rite software. Is that correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very disappointing, the lack of ability for Affinity Photo to create colour profiles from Colorcheckers, and a deal-breaker for me as well. However, Adobe products are not the only ones able to do this. I've been using Photo Ninja, a basic but high quality raw converter, for years and with it you can create light source profiles and camera sensor profiles using various Colorchecker charts, including passports. Photo Ninja can also be set up as a Photoshop plugin so when you've done global adjustments in raw conversion you can just send it to Photoshop for all the extra goodies it provides. It seems Photo Ninja can't be used as an Affinity plugin though. I really want to use Affinity Photo but without colour profile capability it's not going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pippan said:

This is very disappointing, the lack of ability for Affinity Photo to create colour profiles from Colorcheckers, and a deal-breaker for me as well. However, Adobe products are not the only ones able to do this. I've been using Photo Ninja, a basic but high quality raw converter, for years and with it you can create light source profiles and camera sensor profiles using various Colorchecker charts, including passports. Photo Ninja can also be set up as a Photoshop plugin so when you've done global adjustments in raw conversion you can just send it to Photoshop for all the extra goodies it provides. It seems Photo Ninja can't be used as an Affinity plugin though. I really want to use Affinity Photo but without colour profile capability it's not going to happen.

No chance with this i'm afraid!! I returned to my L/R 6 for this option along with On1 photo RAW and Topaz Studio as they at least make an effort for user requests and update regularly. Russ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being able to use X-rite colour passport is one of the most important features for me and needs to be addressed by Affinity. I shoot a lot of product shots and colour management is vital. I also use the X-rite system for everything else because of the unparalleled of colour control it gives me. I moved to Affinity Photo to support anyone who isn't adobe, but this is a feature I must have, otherwise I have to add yet another piece of software to use the colour/lens/camera profiling into the mix instead of being able to sort it all out under one roof.

Seriously Affinity, please address this very real problem in the new version.

K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.5 years later...
Affinity, is there any progress wrt color checker passport?
Can we still expect this or is it dropped from the backlog list?

Also, can you tell us were it is on the list wrt a roadmap when we might expect it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, WMax70 said:

1.5 years later...
Affinity, is there any progress wrt color checker passport?
Can we still expect this or is it dropped from the backlog list?

Also, can you tell us were it is on the list wrt a roadmap when we might expect it?

 

See how fast you dissapear down this list on this forum? I waited also for an option to use the CCP in Affinity Photo but gave up and purchased ON1 Photo RAW 2020 but they also took for ever to implement an option for the CCP in that, if you can find an older copy of Lightroom that has an option to create profiles with the CCP. Russ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi

I bought an X rite profiler and got Affinity at the same time... BUT still you cannot use it with the software that was offered with the profiler...come on Serif, this is a very common piece of kit used by thousands...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raw processing from Affinity is way off.. Doesn't work and X-rite color checker is not supported.
I don't use Affinity for Raw import. Start at Nikon NX-D (Freeware) or DxO (payed) to ensure you get the correct colors.
My question is already open for more tan 1,5?-2? years. I gave them even the source Nef so they can test it. Bit no.... nothing so far.
I suggest to start working with tiff flows, those work correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really need X-rite integration as well. 

Would really love to get AP installed at a large broadcaster . . . . 

cheers Angus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for X-Rite ColorChecker profiles to work in Affinity Photo. I no longer develop RAW without calibrated colours. If I can develop RAW in Affinity I can escape the clutches of the 'Creative Cloud'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Domenico said:

+1 for X-Rite ColorChecker profiles to work in Affinity Photo. I no longer develop RAW without calibrated colours. If I can develop RAW in Affinity I can escape the clutches of the 'Creative Cloud'.

Don't hold your breath, has been FOUR years since this was requested, remember June 2016?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.