You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Correction with X-Rite Colorchecker Passport

• 2 weeks later...

You can use 3D LUT Creator to create a LUT or use DaVinci Resolve to create a LUT and use that.

DaVinci Resolve see: http://www.matchstixstudios.com/blog/2015/12/10/how-to-create-your-own-custom-luts-in-under-5-minutes 

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

AiDon, This was requested way back in June 2016 and now more than two years later we are still waiting even after the  answer to the original post was " You may want to add this to the Features Request section. " Affinity also teamed up with X-Rite some time ago to offer the Affinity Photo free with an X-Rite Colorchecker but still we wait and wait and wait. Same thing on the Plug-in side of things, that page has been the same for must be well over a year if not more http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/win/

Company are not interested or not listening to there customers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 3:08 AM, AiDon said:

You can use 3D LUT Creator to create a LUT or use DaVinci Resolve to create a LUT and use that.

DaVinci Resolve see: http://www.matchstixstudios.com/blog/2015/12/10/how-to-create-your-own-custom-luts-in-under-5-minutes 

Would this actually produce the same results though as using something like Dattacolor SpyderCHECKER? If so could you not just use affinity photo to create a LUT somehow? I am just trying to think of how that would work. I am thinking you would need to have a digital color reference file to match the photo of the color card you use matching them up using a curve adjustment in Affinity then export it as a LUT. Does that make sense? I don't even know that you get a digital reference file with the color cards though. 

2 hours ago, Sugar Lion said:

Would this actually produce the same results though as using something like Dattacolor SpyderCHECKER? If so could you not just use affinity photo to create a LUT somehow? I am just trying to think of how that would work. I am thinking you would need to have a digital color reference file to match the photo of the color card you use matching them up using a curve adjustment in Affinity then export it as a LUT. Does that make sense? I don't even know that you get a digital reference file with the color cards though. 

You do actually get a reference file from the X-Rite software but remember that the file is only pertinent for the particular lighting that it was taken in during the session. The Spyder Checker software now can be used to produce an ICC Profile as I mentioned in this thread:

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Thanks AiDon 

So frustraiting seeing that I have a SpyderCHECKR 24 sitting beside me on the table. Great to hear that they are working on it though! I might try and return this passport and order the x-Rite one. I have never used a ICC file. Would have to look into how that works. 

*Update* I am assuming that when you said "The Spyder Checker software now can be used to produce an ICC Profile as I mentioned in this thread:"

you where actually refering to the x-rite software. Is that correct? 

• 3 months later...

This is very disappointing, the lack of ability for Affinity Photo to create colour profiles from Colorcheckers, and a deal-breaker for me as well. However, Adobe products are not the only ones able to do this. I've been using Photo Ninja, a basic but high quality raw converter, for years and with it you can create light source profiles and camera sensor profiles using various Colorchecker charts, including passports. Photo Ninja can also be set up as a Photoshop plugin so when you've done global adjustments in raw conversion you can just send it to Photoshop for all the extra goodies it provides. It seems Photo Ninja can't be used as an Affinity plugin though. I really want to use Affinity Photo but without colour profile capability it's not going to happen.

15 minutes ago, Pippan said:

This is very disappointing, the lack of ability for Affinity Photo to create colour profiles from Colorcheckers, and a deal-breaker for me as well. However, Adobe products are not the only ones able to do this. I've been using Photo Ninja, a basic but high quality raw converter, for years and with it you can create light source profiles and camera sensor profiles using various Colorchecker charts, including passports. Photo Ninja can also be set up as a Photoshop plugin so when you've done global adjustments in raw conversion you can just send it to Photoshop for all the extra goodies it provides. It seems Photo Ninja can't be used as an Affinity plugin though. I really want to use Affinity Photo but without colour profile capability it's not going to happen.

No chance with this i'm afraid!! I returned to my L/R 6 for this option along with On1 photo RAW and Topaz Studio as they at least make an effort for user requests and update regularly. Russ.

• 1 month later...

Being able to use X-rite colour passport is one of the most important features for me and needs to be addressed by Affinity. I shoot a lot of product shots and colour management is vital. I also use the X-rite system for everything else because of the unparalleled of colour control it gives me. I moved to Affinity Photo to support anyone who isn't adobe, but this is a feature I must have, otherwise I have to add yet another piece of software to use the colour/lens/camera profiling into the mix instead of being able to sort it all out under one roof.

Seriously Affinity, please address this very real problem in the new version.

K

• 9 months later...
18 hours ago, WMax70 said:

1.5 years later...
Affinity, is there any progress wrt color checker passport?
Can we still expect this or is it dropped from the backlog list?

Also, can you tell us were it is on the list wrt a roadmap when we might expect it?

See how fast you dissapear down this list on this forum? I waited also for an option to use the CCP in Affinity Photo but gave up and purchased ON1 Photo RAW 2020 but they also took for ever to implement an option for the CCP in that, if you can find an older copy of Lightroom that has an option to create profiles with the CCP. Russ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Raw processing from Affinity is way off.. Doesn't work and X-rite color checker is not supported.
I don't use Affinity for Raw import. Start at Nikon NX-D (Freeware) or DxO (payed) to ensure you get the correct colors.
My question is already open for more tan 1,5?-2? years. I gave them even the source Nef so they can test it. Bit no.... nothing so far.
I suggest to start working with tiff flows, those work correct.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Domenico said:

+1 for X-Rite ColorChecker profiles to work in Affinity Photo. I no longer develop RAW without calibrated colours. If I can develop RAW in Affinity I can escape the clutches of the 'Creative Cloud'.

Don't hold your breath, has been FOUR years since this was requested, remember June 2016?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all, just seeing this is a long thread with no recent replies, I'm a relatively new Affinity Photo customer and haven't seen support for X-Rite in the product yet.  Can anyone confirm if this is still an outstanding item?  Many thanks.