You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set Default View

Just switched from many, many years with PS. So far, pretty good. Noticed one thing that would make things a little better.

Set a default opening view size — Right now it seems that when I open a file, the default is to blow the image up to maximum "fill-the-screen" size. However, working with a 27" 5k monitor, so many of our web graphics blow up WAY too big when we open them. 

Thus, it would be nice if AP opened documents at their last size/%, or at least include a pref where we could set our default opening view (like 125%, for example). 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

Yes, found that out. However, in production work this morning, I also found out that every time I adjust the canvas size or crop, the graphic zooms to full screen, which as I said, on a 27" working on small web graphic elements is shocking at best. Not sure why it does that, but a real pain to have to keep downsizing back to a 100 or 125% for normal working purposes.

Based on a lot of years of production and software, seems the "logical" action would be to leave the screen size the same after things like cropping and canvas size changes. Also would be more intuitive (and in line with most other software) if things opened at 100% or a Pref-set value instead of full screen. Just way too many things that aren't appropriate at Fit Screen size, especially on 27" or larger monitors.

Thanks.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022