You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After using Affinity Designer for painting as well as vector graphics creation,i am hooked. I think i am going to enjoy this program for years to come and i wish the team at Affinity all the success for listening to the community and delivering the new features in your updates. I am also interested in Affinity product certification exams like Affinity Designer,Affinity Photo and do keep us updated when ever the certification exams are launched. Keep up the good work.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Kamonlai said:

Please also let me know if there is any certification exam. Thanks.

On 9/2/2016 at 2:19 PM, Leigh said:

We currently still have no plans to offer an official "Affinity" certification. If this ever changes we'll let everyone know :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm curious to know if any university or education institute is using the Affinity suite??

I teach Ai and iD at a University in Taiwan, have been using the software for last 20 years but I'm truly fed up with Adobe's subscription system. I'm would switch my classes to the Affinity suite in a heartbeat but not sure the University will agree to the change with Adobe being industry standard. I guess I'm just curious if anyone has had experience in convincing their University to switch and if they're familiar with Affinity's education plans??

Affinity should seriously consider getting into the education sector... without being crude it's the best way to lock in future customers and convert users from Adobe... in my experience once a student has learnt a software package they stick with what they known.

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, ra.skill said:

I'm curious to know if any university or education institute is using the Affinity suite??

I teach Ai and iD at a University in Taiwan, have been using the software for last 20 years but I'm truly fed up with Adobe's subscription system. I'm would switch my classes to the Affinity suite in a heartbeat but not sure the University will agree to the change with Adobe being industry standard. I guess I'm just curious if anyone has had experience in convincing their University to switch and if they're familiar with Affinity's education plans??

Affinity should seriously consider getting into the education sector... without being crude it's the best way to lock in future customers and convert users from Adobe... in my experience once a student has learnt a software package they stick with what they known.

I completely agree with this reasoning.
As a teacher to promote a certain type of software over others I need to present as much evidence as possible not only that the software is valid, but also that I have a certificated level of mastery over it. Without certifications, the judgment of administrations becomes hard to make. 
I too would like to teach more about affinity to my students, and official certifications would be a nice help to promote the switch.

Edited by Theodoren

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

a certification program will definitely help compete with Adobe, especially because they are very similar now in scope and depth so what Affinity is waiting for?
A question since 2016.... time to fill the gap!