You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to select all the curves in Illustrator files?

I am relatively new to AD and I am happy that it can open Adobe Illustrator files. However, I'm having difficulty selecting all the curves of an object (there are so many!), so I can copy and paste onto a new document.

Does anybody have any suggestions/tips that will help me select all the curves of an object so that when I copy and paste into a new document, I've captured ALL related curves? I've tried holding the shift key and selecting what I think are all the curves, but when I paste them into a new document, somehow I've left out the tiniest curve! It's so frustrating because it takes so much time to do this! There has to be an easier way!

Help!

Thank you, AD community!post-16182-0-97011700-1464753002_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi bigcitygirl,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

From your screenshot seems all the objects are together in a "continuous" stream of layers. If that's the case pressing ⇧ (shift) and clicking on the first (on top) and then on the last one will select all objects between them (unless there's objects inside groups or layers in the middle) in the Layers panel.

If they are not together or you need to add a few more, pressing ⌘ (cmd) and clicking on them one by one will select/add them to the selection.

Alternatively (depending on your design) it may be easier to select them on canvas dragging marquee around them with the Move Tool. If you need to add or remove some objects to the selection press ⇧ (shift) and click on them on canvas.