cyruskorn

Can't export as PDF

Hi cyruskorn,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Yes, if you could send us the file it would help. You can use this link to do so.

All files will be deleted after being inspected.

Thanks.

Hi, any news? I still can't export any file as a pdf...

Hi cyruskorn,

There's an issue with the last two text layers/objects in your visible Back layer.

To fix this in your file copy the contents of each text frame (not the frame text object itself) and paste on newly created text box frames. Adjust the frame size of the new text boxes so it's the same as the old ones and position them so they overlap the previous ones too. Turn the old ones invisible and export. You shouldn't have more problems. Do you have copied that text from other application when you created those text boxes? If so which one?

This bug should be fixed in the next Beta (1.5).

Hi MEB,

In fact it resolved the problem, thank you!

Do you have copied that text from other application when you created those text boxes? If so which one?

To answer your question, no those text boxes were created with Affinity Designer. Maybe it's because they were created with an old version of Affinity.

P.S. I think there is an issue with the forum, I never get a notification when you (moderator) post something.

Hi, 

I am new to the forum and have recently begun working with print product labels on AD.  When exporting my file to pdf I also get the error message.  It does not seem to matter where I export to.  My AD version is 1.4.2.  This error has happened on 2 files so far.  

I can send the file by PM for you to have a look.

Thank you,

Hi,

I can't export a file as PDF, I get a dialog box with this : "An error occurred while exporting to: <file path>"

Actually it is the same problem as this one : https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/16101-exporting-pdf-affinity-designer/

I have the latest Affinity Designer version 1.4.1

I can send my file in a PM if you need it

Thank you

Hello, I am having the exact same issue. It allows me to export some files but not others....they are almost identical. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,