David4

The measurements in inches is not what I know, as shown in the screen capture.

The measurements in inches is not what I know, as shown in the screen capture.

Question is how do I bring the readings back to what was there originally, something I understand?

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

David4

post-26329-0-09615200-1464408149_thumb.png

I don't know what you know or what was there originally, so I'm just guessing, but if you mean that there are too many numbers after the decimal point, go to Preferences > User Interface & change the Decimal Places for Unit Types setting for inches to whatever you want, or click on the Reset button there.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

[…] go to Preferences > User Interface & change the Decimal Places for Unit Types setting for inches to whatever you want, or click on the Reset button there.

Wow, you can change it for the rulers, R C-R?! In which version?

Like I said, without more info from David, I can only guess about where the measurement display is 'not what he knows.' I am not particularly good at mind reading -- If I were, it would be a great help when I go shopping for gifts for my wife!  :lol:

He also appears to be using the Photo beta, so perhaps he has triggered some bug that fiddling around in the preferences will correct -- with betas it is hard to know what will work.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Like I said, without more info from David, I can only guess about where the measurement display is 'not what he knows.' I am not particularly good at mind reading […]

Where in the screenshot you can see inches, R C-R? Same behavior in the MAS …

I am assuming the ruler is displaying inches to 5 decimal places but I don't know if that is because of the zoom level, some quirk in the beta I can't reproduce on my Mac in the retail version, a setting somewhere or a prior step that the screenshot cannot show, some issue with that particular photo, or what.

What I do know is that sometimes just changing something in a misbehaving app's preferences corrects odd behaviors, is an easy thing to try that has very little chance of doing anything undesirable, & for the Affinity apps is something I personally would try before resorting to the "nuclear" option of resetting everything.

David,

I'm guessing that you've (accidentally most likely) rotated your canvas by a teeny tiny amount. (You're using a trackpad right  B)?)  

This will throw the rulers into multiple decimal mode.

Try going to the View Dropdown and selecting Reset Rotation. 

:)

JimmyJack.    Your guess is correct.  That is what does happen.  I will do what you suggested the next time this happens.   By the way, JimmyJack, how did you know that is what I did?

Kind Regards,

David4