smallreflection

Stipple Shading Textured Intensity Brushes

So I found myself wanting to come up with a basic stipple brush, of a more vector-style and less painterly variety. Going for that more retro-modern shading look inside of vectors that's quite popular these days. Pretty basic, but I think this is what I was going for! Works best sticking to applying with straight paths, no vector handles. The nice thing shading this way is you can vary the opacity and get quite a nice buildup on top of gradients. I threw together this trippy abstract to give them a go.   :)

Edit: Sorry, this post seems to have gotten mysteriously duplicated, and the attachment isn't showing up here consistently.

post-5843-0-40694900-1464377172_thumb.jpg

Basic-Stipple-Brushes.afbrushes.zip

Thank you so much !

Exactly what I was looking for, see my post in "feature requests" : new filter please.

Your brush covers it !!

Can you tell me how you made it ?

I would be very interested to make custom brushes.

Thanks in advance.

C.L.

That what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know-Jordan Peterson

So I found myself wanting to come up with a basic stipple brush, of a more vector-style and less painterly variety. Going for that more retro-modern shading look inside of vectors that's quite popular these days. Pretty basic, but I think this is what I was going for! Works best sticking to applying with straight paths, no vector handles. The nice thing shading this way is you can vary the opacity and get quite a nice buildup on top of gradients. I threw together this trippy abstract to give them a go.   :)

Thanks very much. I'm sure I'll have fun playing with these.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

This looks really interesting How do I load this file into AD?

Download the zip archive and extract the contents to somewhere convenient. Go to the Brushes panel and click on the little menu icon to the right of the panel tab label. Choose 'Import Brushes...', browse to the 'Basic-Stipple-Brushes.afbrushes' file and open it.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks Alfred.

Is there way that the brush can be applied without dragging? What I mean I would like to be able to just click the mouse and get just one effect. Then by repeatedly clicking the mouse build up a more dense texture.

Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

AD version 1.6.0

Hi Catlover,

How did you create this effect or is it a trade secret?

Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

AD version 1.6.0

Thanks Alfred.

Is there way that the brush can be applied without dragging? What I mean I would like to be able to just click the mouse and get just one effect. Then by repeatedly clicking the mouse build up a more dense texture.

I suspect not, Jack. I think these brushes work like the stroke brushes in DrawPlus, where you need a vector path rather than just a single point.

Alfred online2long.gif

Sorry Smallreflection I used the wrong username.

There's an 'Edit' link next to the 'Quote' and 'MultiQuote' buttons at the bottom of each of your posts. As it's very faint it can be difficult to see until you hover over it, which is obviously difficult to do if you can't see it!

Alfred online2long.gif