VectorCat

.AI > AD > export slice has black background! Bug?

I pulled in a .ai file crated in AI. worked with it just fine in AD  but when I made a slice and exported, noticed that this slice has a black background not at all present in the file.

Is this a bug or some mis-translation of the file from adobe to Affinity?

thank you for any clues

screengrab attached; file in Affinity left, exported slice right

PS: I also am unable to delete the slice from the slices palette.

exportsliceblack.jpg

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.4

I'm having a little trouble replicating this with the files I have. Would it be possible to send us the AI file either on here or to support@seriflabs.com for us to have a look at?

Also have you ensured that the matte is not set to black for the slice in the export options?

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I'm having a little trouble replicating this with the files I have. Would it be possible to send us the AI file either on here or to support@seriflabs.com for us to have a look at?

Also have you ensured that the matte is not set to black for the slice in the export options?

I am, too, Chris...I continued to work with the file, looking for something that might cause the black, found nothing, then tried slicing/exporting again and it came out correct, IOW, the slice was black-free and looked like what's on the artboard. I am quite sure I didn't change anything.

If this happens again -  and there will be much opportunity for it to do so; I have loads of AI files I need to get into Affinity - I will zip up the file and attach it here PDQ...perhaps frozen in amber, it will do it for you, too.

Cheers,

VC

ps: I'm quite sure I didn't have Matte set to black. I just took a look after reading your answer; clicking on matte and adjusting the color wheel is something one couldn't do accidentally...it would involve a few conscious steps..so...most likely,  not.

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.4