You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've got the Zoomify Photoshop plugin from the website and I'm trying to add it to Affinity Photo but I'm not having any luck. Thinking it was to do with the file downloaded I tried using a copy from an actual copy of Photoshop that a colleague has but still no luck (there is a file difference in that the folder direct from PS has .swf file and .zvt while the downloaded one has .js file, oddly, with .zvt).

I've not used plugins before with either PS or Affinity so not sure if I'm doing things right. I'm adding the folder to where affinity suggests and then restarting the app, but nothing appears within the dialog.

Anybody else had any success with this or shall I call it quits and maybe get my PS using colleagues to export the file for me?

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi WolfieZero,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently Affinity Photo only supports filter plugins. Other types of plugins/extensions (i.e. import/export plugins, file format plugins, automation plugins etc) are not supported.

That's the case with Zoomify which is not supported by Affinity Photo. 

I've tested/compiled an "unofficial" list of plug-ins here. Note that Photoshop plug-in support is still being worked on, so some filter plug-ins may also have trouble to run in Affinity Photo.

Currently Affinity Photo only supports filter plugins. Other types of plugins/extensions (i.e. import/export plugins, file format plugins, automation plugins etc) are not supported.

Is that likely to remain the case for the foreseeable future, Miguel? In two decades of development, plugin capability in PhotoPlus never progressed beyond support for filter ('effects') plugins.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks, Miguel. That makes sense! I suspect that's why PhotoPlus doesn't support other types of plugins.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)