You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.4.2 - RC1)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is a release candidate build. It has been submitted to the App Store for review and we will make it available as the current App Store version when we are confident there are no unexpected problems. This build should be considered more stable than the current MAS version (1.4.1) and should be used in preference to that build.

Fixes

- Fix for converting between wide-gamut RGB and sRGB profiles causing incorrect colours

- Fix for converting colour profile/colour model not undoing correctly for inner glow effects

- Fix for occasional crash with arrow shape

- Fix for Rasterise causing layer effects to appear the wrong size if they were present on a scaled object

- Fix for A1 (Press Ready) preset having the wrong dimensions for an A1 sheet (*sigh*)

- Fix for tool shortcut keys on international keyboards

- Updated help file

Hi crambazzle,

We already have that issue logged but it wasn't fixed yet for this beta. It's not forgotten  ;)

Thank you for the swift reply but surely this should be fixed before general release as its a feature that must be used often?

Or am I living upto my name?

Regards

Crambazzle

"A tired and worn out old man"

Andy, many thanks!

Q:

• Must I uninstall the previous beta first?
  • How to uninstall the previous beta?

Many thanks for help in advance! :D

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is a release candidate build. It has been submitted to the App Store for review and we will make it available as the current App Store version when we are confident there are no unexpected problems. This build should be considered more stable than the current MAS version (1.4.1) and should be used in preference to that build.

Fixes

- Fix for converting between wide-gamut RGB and sRGB profiles causing incorrect colours

- Fix for converting colour profile/colour model not undoing correctly for inner glow effects

- Fix for occasional crash with arrow shape

- Fix for Rasterise causing layer effects to appear the wrong size if they were present on a scaled object

- Fix for A1 (Press Ready) preset having the wrong dimensions for an A1 sheet (*sigh*)

- Fix for tool shortcut keys on international keyboards

- Updated help file

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned before, but I just can't find it... so I'm reporting it again.

When I open a RAW file that was taken in portrait mode, it opens as a landscape photo inside the develop module. This still happens with this beta.

Sorry if this is duplicate, but the find didn't bring up this issue.

Oops, didn't open the dmg yet: yes there is no installer, anyway thanks ;) Sorry for asking here... Mea culpa...

You can just replace the previous beta by the current one in Finder …  :)

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

• Staff

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned before, but I just can't find it... so I'm reporting it again.

When I open a RAW file that was taken in portrait mode, it opens as a landscape photo inside the develop module. This still happens with this beta.

Sorry if this is duplicate, but the find didn't bring up this issue.

Hi Pete123,

As far as i know there wasn't changes in this Beta regarding RAW files support.

This is probably due to some EXIF issue. Can you please upload one of those RAW images just to make sure we have this logged for your camera model?

You can use this link to do so. Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Pete123,

Thanks for the file. I've logged the issue to be looked at.

Just for your info, if you change the RAW engine to the Apple (Core Image RAW) the file is imported with the correct orientation, however seems there's an issue with the Lens Correction not being applied (already logged).

Hi LINUS,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are aware of this issue (firmware 4.0). It's already logged to be looked at.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.