You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vecor brush and pencil tool are slower than before

• Staff

Very, very odd. It runs much faster even on my 2 core Mac Mini. I have never seen the screen update like that before. What happens if you use the trackpad? Can you close all other Apps and see if that make a difference. Can you also try a raster brush in pixel persona.

Have you ever seen the screen update that slowly before in Affinity?

Thanks for your help with this. We need to get it sorted.

Same problem here Tony on the vector brush. It's slower too. I'm using a Mac Mini mid2012 and a huion h610 tablet.

In pixel persona the brush tool is now almost perfect, even with big brushes. Thanks for the very good job.

EDIT : I closed all other Apps and that make no difference. Using the mouse it's fast, using the stylus it's slow.

• Staff

Maybe this is an issue with dual-core systems using pen tablets? The tablet throws many more messages at the system as you drag the pen along the surface compared to a mouse or trackpad - perhaps on a dual core system that's enough to swamp the main thread and lead to this... I think I have a possible fix - are either of you willing to try something for me? If so, could you email support@seriflabs.com so I can get your email address and send you a link to a special version where I can disable something to test if it fixes it?

Incidentally, could I get you to verify that the brush tool in Pixel Persona is improved?

Thanks!

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.