You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.4.2 - RC1)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

This is a release candidate build. It has been submitted to the App Store for review and we will make it available as the current App Store version when we are confident there are no unexpected problems. This build should be considered more stable than the current MAS version (1.4.1) and should be used in preference to that build.

Fixes

- Fix for converting between wide-gamut RGB and sRGB profiles causing incorrect colours

- Fix for converting colour profile/colour model not undoing correctly for inner glow effects

- Fix for occasional crash with arrow shape

- Fix for Rasterise causing layer effects to appear the wrong size if they were present on a scaled object

- Fix for A1 (Press Ready) preset having the wrong dimensions for an A1 sheet (*sigh*)

- Fix for hairline artefact visible on vector brush strokes around the line cap

- Fix for tool shortcut keys on international keyboards

- Updated help file

Hey Matt, you forgot to add the *most important* fixes to your list above …  ;)

- Guides are duplicated with artboards

- Guides move with artboards

Oh dear, that makes me happy …  :D

Alex

EDIT There is just one little bug though. Create a document without adding an artboard on creation. Add guides. Choose Artboard Tool and insert artboard from context toolbar. Existing guides are deleted.

Edit: My bad on misunderstanding—so happy to see this!

Hey Matt, you forgot to add the *most important* fixes to your list …  ;)

- Guides are duplicated with artboards

- Guides move with artboards

Oh dear, that makes me happy …  :D

Alex

EDIT There is just one little bug though. Create a document without adding an artboard on creation. Add guides. Choose Artboard Tool and insert artboard from context toolbar. Existing guides are deleted.

• Staff

Many dittos on this. I really can't use Affinity for any UI work until this is fixed. And I'd love to see some options in the custom grid tool that better align to framework grids such as Bootstrap, etc. :)

Hi smallreflection,

Just trying to make sure there's no misunderstanding - we now move guides around with their artboards and duplicate them with their artboards, the only thing we don't do (which I have obviously overlooked) is when you create the first artboard in a non-artboard document I am not taking the current guide setup and applying them to the new artboard. Is this such a frequent problem that it can't be worked around (i.e. by just making the artboard in the first place?)

I'll obviously try my best to add this extra and re-upload if I can do it safely, but I just wanted to make sure that you knew the current state of play...

Thanks,

Matt

• Staff

Yes, sorry. My list wasn't meant to be a summary of all changes, it was meant to be a delta of changes since the last beta. I think we added the guide stuff in the last beta (or the one before?)

Thanks,

Matt

MattP wrote: Is this such a frequent problem that it can't be worked around (i.e. by just making the artboard in the first place?)

I think this is a bit of an edge case.

I suggest we just wait for 1.5 beta and do the necessary nitty gritty there.

Best regards

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Just trying to make sure there's no misunderstanding - we now move guides around with their artboards and duplicate them with their artboards, 

Not only! Now the Guides Manager is realtive to Artboard: WONDERFUL!

Added in Betas before this?

Didn't notice but thanks anyway!

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Hi MattP,

Firstly, thanks so much for you and your team's hard work to get this beta to us?  Could you please confirm if 1.4.2 Beta5 is released as 1.4.2 - RC1 or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Nana

post-13053-0-54505700-1464215652_thumb.jpg

What about 1.5 beta? :D

This mythical 1.5 beta almost sounds like the PowerBook G5 rumours of yore. :P

Let's hope the devs don't skip directly to Affinity v.2, though… For all that is in store, it will be good enough to carve out a decent user base, especially after the Windows beta is released. ;)

I've just found a bug with guides.

Guides palette now shows correct relative positions even for duplicated artboards and new ones.

Anyway if you insert a new guide via palette, and perform a simple operation (like a subtraction) to position it, resulting guide is no more in the selected artboard and its position has a weird number (probably related to the very first artboard).

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.