You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as possible please as I can't wait to dump Adobe.

I use Lightroom to manage my photos and I like it. But I'm one of the plebs that does not subscribe to Adobe's "Creative Cloud" (subscription) model. I purchased mine. An update (6.6) has recently been released but only CC subscribers get the 'full fat' version with new tools. This is Adobe, yet again, giving people like me who bought a boxed version, the finger. 

JD

I am still using LR 6.6, non-subscription, but with Affinity, I don't miss the enhancements that Adobe adds to LR CC but leaves out of the perpetual license version.  I add my voice to the call for an Affinity DAM that will work natively with AP files and hopefully will come with a tool to import LR catalogs to facilitate migration!

But surely the thing is that with something like LR you do not need Affinity most of the time? I subscribe to CC but as LR gets better I need PS less (although it does have its uses for the heavy lifting work). IMHO it will be a long time before Affinity catches up with LR, which is why I find my AP purchase getting less and less usage. LR's raw conversion capabilities are far in advance of anything Affinity have at the moment. That is not a snipe - it is a fact. And it is a shame for AP has bags of potential.