Thank you for posting this! He lives on, in his music and through his inspiration. 

Your talent and your style are amazing, and I look forward to seeing your works.

I love it. I think the "colour version" is the best. It has the "punch" and brilliance that I associate with David Bowie.

Those eyes... wow! 

- Affinity Photo 1.7.2
- Affinity Designer 1.7.2
-Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

It would be nice to have his name, dates of birth and death on that poster.

Peter, I think it's already beautiful without that - there should be no gravestone. Just a portrait to keep him in good remembrance. The hero of my youth is unforgotten, in any case.

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

Peter, I think it's already beautiful without that - there should be no gravestone. Just a portrait to keep him in good remembrance. The hero of my youth is unforgotten, in any case.

I see what you mean Bodo. He will always live on through his music. Just like Prince.

RIP

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Thank you so much, Marianne!

What do you mean exactly, the first or the second ('cause both versions are colored)?

Yes, of course! ;)

I mean the one on the top of this page. It's amazing. :)

- Affinity Photo 1.7.2
- Affinity Designer 1.7.2
-Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

I like everything about it, except the depiction of his eyes.  His left eye is not brown.  It had a permanently dilated pupil that left only a tiny ring of blue showing.  Other than that, it's a good job and a lovely tribute.

Hi LilleG,

certainly, the hair is wrong, the nose and some other ;) Here I'm trying to show just some examples of vector graphics (made with affinity designer), that's all! This portrait is freely interpreted, it has no guarantee of authenticity. Just to show what you can do with affinity designer (Vector), as a small example.

Oh, it's a lovely image.  I do like it.   I am impressed with what you did with vector graphics.  And I certainly was not putting it down.  

Hi LilleG,

I'm sure you was not putting it down  ;)  now, I think  that the eyes do not match, too bad, seriously. Thank you for your attention, you were right. Sometimes it's difficult to express myself clearly, sorry.