You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inpainting feature request

I love how I can do same mesh deform on another layer .    Would like to do the same with  "inpainting"       For example,   one layer is  representing color info and a second one    normal map  or depth map or roughness,  whatever.     Now after doing  inpainting on base color layer  I want to do another one on the  second layer  matching  the first one.    

In a word I want a feature that would  keep in memory   how initial  inpainting   was done  and then do it on the next  layer  with 100% matching pattern

Not sure I understood  what you offered . Yes , I want to do it on a separate pixel layer  but want to do it  by inpainting/ cloning/stamping   pieces of that second pixel layer in same manner/ pattern / scale   as I did it initially on first pixel layer.     How copy-paste would help here?

No, what he shows in the video is basically a variant of cloning from one layer/image  to another .  An ancient long existed feature in many image editors.     I request totally new thing not related to manual cloning  but rather automatic inpainting of selected areas .

I need first  to do content-aware / inpainting whatever fill of selected area  on one layer  based on same layer content.  

Then a second another layer inpainting   that have to repeat all the cloning/ inpainting process,pattern, scale of each cloned fragment  of what I did on the first layer  now on that second layer and with  content of that second layer.     Think about it as if you do inpainting  in red channel only  and then need to do same inpainting in green and blue channels separately   with resulting image not turning into a mess.

Kind of "repeat inpainting" in filter menu like "repeat mesh wrap" one.        No other soft can do so  still would be a huge  step forward and  competitive advantage  that would change a lot the whole CG area.     I have no idea if it's possible at all  but perhaps it's just a kind of macro recording to be then re-executed.