You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1. Is there a way to move a handle while having multiple objects selected?

2. Is it possible to add multiple strokes to just one shape?

The attached file are 3 layers of rectangles with a slight curve, I copy pasted each rectangle on top of each other to create a multi stroke "look" by aligning each rectangle stroke to inside, outside and centre but now if I want to alter the curve with all 3 rectangles selected to alter the curve uniformly, how can I achieve this?

post-29965-0-35275100-1464004153_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Metshu,

1. Yes, you can move a handle (from a single node) whit multiple objects (and nodes) selected, however the control handles themselves don't snap (i mean you can't have one control handle snap to another control handle).

2. No, currently it's not possible to add multiple strokes to a single object/shape. This will be implemented in a future version.

3. There's no way to edit all three shapes (or their node's control handles) simultaneously in order to keep the same curvature after you have created them. You can only edit one at once, so currently  this is a little difficult to achieve without editing the first shape and redoing the duplicate/stroke alignment process again.

For a multiple stroke look (for now at least)...... If you don't mind a raster element, you could use an image brush to stroke your path.

Just be careful in the corners. Too much of an acute angle will make the image go wonky.

(oh... and for sharp corners don't forget to up the Miter limit)

post-12544-0-71732800-1464017038_thumb.png

MEB - Having a way to curve multiple objects/shapes would be a nice addition like a mesh of some kind like AP has, I found myself faced with this curve dilemma while trying to modify font characters for a poster to give it some impact with the overall design.  Could you have that AD option available for download in the next 5 minutes after you read this?   B)

JimmyJack - Good tip

• Staff

Yes, some operations are still complicated to achieve but hopefully this will get better as we move forward. We already have mesh based distortion tools planned for a future version (roadmap) but i don't know if we will be able to apply it to multiple objects (maybe we can group them and apply it to the group?). We will see... 

Ah if i could do just that :)